Does it seem reasonable to say there are many issues w the p4pro?

When I buy a new drone I like to wait a good few months first, just so they can iron out all the little quirks that you can get with most new products in life.
I am sure as time goes by it will sort itself out. For now I will stick to my p4 as it is a fantastic bit of kit with no problems at all.

I am sure as time goes by it will sort itself out. For now I will stick to my p4 as it is a fantastic bit of kit with no problems at all.

I have a P4 that flies like a charm, from day one I never installed an update because there is nothing really wrong with it. It is one of those " If ain't broke don't fix it " situation for me. Recently I purchased a P4 PRO, only 1 flight same day it arrived, but I do not want to sell my P4 just yet just in case. Well I also have a Mavic, but I feel it is too soon to get rid of the P4.

My new P4P seems to be operating just fine, save some instability that thus far I am chalking up to breezy conditions. I will be giving it a sanity check when next we get a calm day.

My new P4P seems to be operating just fine, save some instability that thus far I am chalking up to breezy conditions. I will be giving it a sanity check when next we get a calm day.

When you say some instability, what are you noticing?.

When you say some instability, what are you noticing?.

Wobbling in place when it's 3-4 feet AGL just after takeoff and about to land, and moving vertically and horizontally a few feet at 100' AGL. It seems to be correlated to gusts as near as I can tell, which is why I don't yet think it's abnormal.

Wobbling in place when it's 3-4 feet AGL just after takeoff and about to land, and moving vertically and horizontally a few feet at 100' AGL. It seems to be correlated to gusts as near as I can tell, which is why I don't yet think it's abnormal.
Unless you have quite strong wind gusts, your Phantom shouldn't be moving much at all.
Down close to the ground, it will be in turbulent propwash but 10 feet up it should be more stable.
Also be aware of the limitations of the VPS system.
If you are hovering over an unsuitable surface, VPS will not be able to lock onto the ground detail and the Phantom may drift a little.
Here's a list of situations that give the VPS trouble:
Obstacle%20Avoidance-L.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20