Does it matter where I purchase a Phantom

Reaction score
Just wondering if certain hobby shops, websites, etc. provide better customer service and tech support.
I've heard that DJI is terrible if there is a problem. Just want to buy one from someone who will help me in the event that my unit is DOA.

DOA is rare. You can purchase it from your local hobby shop or online. Perk of online is that you don't normally pay tax. You also find better discounts online. My local hobby shops hits me with 7% tax and they charge the fullest of full retail (sometimes a little over). The plus side is that I can get it right away. In my opinion, online is the best and use the forum as your support hub. If you go online, I'd go with a company that is a direct dealer: http://www.dji.com/dealer/phantom-dealers/

shop each one. I personally like http://www.intelligentuas.com but others may say atlanta hobby. It all depends who you ask. Atlanta Hobby is full retail but good support. Intelligentuas is a nice discount but hard to understand over the phone.

From the dealers listed on DJI's reference page there, I'd say these are your best options:

Aerial Media Pros
Atlanta Hobby
Dronefly
DSLRPros.com
Quadrocopter, LLC
Intelligent UAS

You can also find them for sale on Amazon at the same fixed price most other places have them. That would give you the benefit of an easy return if you needed to, but your support would be limited by whatever retailer actually fulfills the order. If you choose to order from Amazon and don't see any of the shops above listed as options, I would suggest choosing All-E RC from the vendor list.

I'd actually vote for B&H too. You just have to be careful when you buy it because they take a **** ton of time off. It seems like they are always sending out emails saying "we will be closed from X to Y".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj