Does gopro hero 4 resolve Jello problem?

Reaction score
Hello, I have read somewhere (I don´t find it now) that Gopro Hero 4 has some options like keeping ISO constant, and it has faster processor , that would reduce jello effect. Do you know something about that?

Thanks!

Thanks dptcalvin. But I don´t find a conclusion. While ianwood says that GoPro 4 has faster imager and jello has to be decreased, outtahere finds problems, after adjusting gains (it improves, but still has a litlle jello in his last video), using ND filter...

Does someone more have a GoPro 4 ? do you have jello?

I´m considering to buy one but I´m not sure if the cost is worth of it, I have already a Gopro 3 Black.

Thanks!

I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus tha has been converted to H3-3D with GoPro 4 Silver.
Personally I balance my own props (I even have a set of Chinese 9450 that were extremely unbalanced) and I get no noticeable jello on my videos. I use the white damper balls that came with the H3-3D and 2 of the retaining clips installed diagonally.

I hope this helps, TuT

janjo2013 said:
Thanks dptcalvin. But I don´t find a conclusion. While ianwood says that GoPro 4 has faster imager and jello has to be decreased, outtahere finds problems, after adjusting gains (it improves, but still has a litlle jello in his last video), using ND filter...

Does someone more have a GoPro 4 ? do you have jello?

I´m considering to buy one but I´m not sure if the cost is worth of it, I have already a Gopro 3 Black.

Thanks!
That was my point. The 4 does not solve the Jello problem.

I have been using a GP 4 with soft (black) gimbal cushions, cold temp flights in winter lighting (both sun and cloudy). I have had no jello issues at all but am always filming at 60 fps (1080P or 2.7K) . I am not sure that just shutter speed is making the difference - It seems to be combination of the vibration transmission, frame rate and lighting that affected my Vision + when I used the standard camera. I replaced that camera with the Quickrelease plate and the GP 4 on a Zenmuse gimbal and my jello problems disappeared. I also have my gains turned up in DJI Assistant software which apparently is important to reduce vibrations (which I did notice when I turned them down once).

MT

Hello Telemark:
- I also film at 60 fps (1920 x 1080)
- I have my gains at
Basic: 120 120 120 200
Attitude: 220 220

-I think the temperature is determinant. I have noticed that in hotter days (in the summer for example) there is more jello. What colour of dampeners is recommended in a hotter day?

Thanks!

All CMOS cameras can exhibit rolling shutter effects (jello). The Hero 4 has a faster imager than the Hero 3 and therefore will be less prone to it happening. But if your motors/props aren't balanced, your gimbal dampeners aren't tuned, your gains are all messed up, and/or you shoot in bright light with no ND, you will get it.

BTW, the gains suggested in that other thread are crap.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik