Does Dji request the transmitter sent back with every repair?

Reaction score
I heard that sometimes Dji mandates the transmitter be sent back if your pension flies away.

What about if it's sent for repair? Do they still require the transmitter be sent as well? If so, can it be any tx or must it be the original that came in the box?

Reactions: johnnyu
For fly aways, I'm not sure. Mine's in for a crash and sending back the remote/transmitter was not required. They also do not require the battery unless you think it needs to be looked at. It does not need to be sent back in the original box at all but they ask that you pack it carefully for shipping; the Inspire 1 is the exception -- they want you to ship it back in its hard case.

Thanks that's good to know as I sold one of my transmitters and don't want to have an issue with them good forbid..

I have a friend who had a fly away and he had a modded tx which obviously voids your warranty but wasn't the cause of the fly away. Anyway they requested he send the tx, so he bought one off eBay and sent them that. After the usual waiting period they sent him a complete new replacement unit (bird and tx). Going off that I'd say they ever don't check if it's the factory paired tx or it's not a requirement.

DJI offered to repair my P3 after it malfunctioned. They requested only the bird to be sent back without the battery. I shipped it from Australia to Hong Kong in the original box via Express Courier service.

That's valuable information. It looks like for FlyAway's they request the tx to ship a new unit back and for damaged parts to ship only what's damaged for repair.

Good to know they send a new box for a flyaway not caused by user error. My confidence in Dji is slowly uptrending.

I heard that sometimes Dji mandates the transmitter be sent back if your pension flies away.

What about if it's sent for repair? Do they still require the transmitter be sent as well? If so, can it be any tx or must it be the original that came in the box?
Pension. you can say that again. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik