Does anyone know online store that sells the latest DJI p3 standard shell with x-brace support? Help

Reaction score
DJI support seems to have mixed messages, one told me they only sell the latest shells with x-brace support in between the motors, and someone else told me they are not aware of x-brace design shells...

Their website shows the old shell design for the standard, but new design with x-brace for the adv and pro....

I want to get a spare shell for my standard, but I want the latest shell with the extra support and x-brace in between the motors.

Does anyone know if DJI are selling the new shells?

If you still have warranty, take a photo or video of your WORKING P3 and open up case with DJI online. Take close up pics of the cracks. Tell them that its peak flying time and that you live in an isolated place that makes it difficult for you to send back. Get them to replace the shell. I did this and they sent me a new LOWER shell. It doesn't matter if they have the X brace or not - the replacement shells are fine as DJI has addressed the issue.

If you still have warranty, take a photo or video of your WORKING P3 and open up case with DJI online. Take close up pics of the cracks. Tell them that its peak flying time and that you live in an isolated place that makes it difficult for you to send back. Get them to replace the shell. I did this and they sent me a new LOWER shell. It doesn't matter if they have the X brace or not - the replacement shells are fine as DJI has addressed the issue.

I take it you're not aware of the three shell differences? The old ones are without the x-brace, the new ones have the x-brace and bigger vents.

I have just replaced my shell, the new one is fine now, but it's the older version without the x-brace.

I just wanted one for spares in case I need it in the future -

I don't mind buying one out of my own pocket as long as it's the newer one with the x-brace in between the motor screws. I'm not gonna buy one that's old, when there's new versions available.

I take it you're not aware of the three shell differences? The old ones are without the x-brace, the new ones have the x-brace and bigger vents.

I have just replaced my shell, the new one is fine now, but it's the older version without the x-brace.

I just wanted one for spares in case I need it in the future -

I don't mind buying one out of my own pocket as long as it's the newer one with the x-brace in between the motor screws. I'm not gonna buy one that's old, when there's new versions available.

Take it you are not aware of the FOUR shell differences:

Shell with full motor tabs and no X brace - cracks reported.
Shell with full motor tabs and X brace - cracks reported
Shell with pointy motor tabs and no X brace (P3 Standard shells) - no cracks reported (DJI sent me this version).
Shell with pointy motor tabs and X brace and larger ventilation and motor screw indention - latest release, unreported.

You need to look for the shell that has the pointy notched tabs.
DJI sent me the below and I have no cracks since..
Motor%20Mounts%20New%20Tabs%20no%20X%20brace.jpg

Old news... In fact I made a thread posting pics of my very first phantom 3 standard WITH x-brace and pointy notched tabs and it still cracked... So there's some news for you, cracks are still appearing.

Maybe my first p3s with (x-brace and notched tabs) was over tightened at factory. It's still a stronger shell than the ones without the x-brace.

Which is why I want to get one for mine...

And my second phantom had no x-brace but notched tabs and outter support (the same as yours) and it still cracked. I replaced mine with the same shell as yours (no cracks yet). But I wanted another for back up with x-brace. Just incase my new one cracks

Thanks for the update.
I turned my active braking down to minimum. She no longer stops on a dime but I know that there is less stress on the airframe. And the video footage looks better as it comes to a smooth stop

Thanks for the update.
I turned my active braking down to minimum. She no longer stops on a dime but I know that there is less stress on the airframe. And the video footage looks better as it comes to a smooth stop

Same here. 70% is the lowest, that should help a little. I fly gently anyway, better shots that way.

I gonna guess there is no way to tell your shell design without opening it up?

About 60mls flown. I don't have cracks just wondering. I bought it in mid February.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I gonna guess there is no way to tell your shell design without opening it up?

About 60mls flown. I don't have cracks just wondering. I bought it in mid February.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Read my posts.. That will explain

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers