Does anyone have an issue using the RC Assistant program with a P2V+ V3?

Reaction score
I can calibrate the controls in the Phantom Assistant app, but the RC Assistant, "DJI RC System Assistant V1.2" doesn't see my radio at all...
Am I missing something?

I have the same problem. A few weeks ago I build my new PC/Windows 10. I loaded the Win-driver, then the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant, ver. 3.8 and than the RC assitant 1.2. I installed them as "Administrator". Just like you I can run the Vision assistant but the RC assistant fales to run. I also tried this on my laptop, same result. Fortunatly I still have my old PC :)))
Perhaps it has something to do with a new instsalled update in Windows 10 ?

Maybe... I have a win7 laptop, I'll give that a try.
It's weird, the RC Assistant software loads, but doesn't see the TX when I plug it in and turn it on. The Phantom Assistant software seems to work just fine, but the RC Assistant does not.

Thanks for confirming I'm not alone. :)

Maybe... I have a win7 laptop, I'll give that a try.
It's weird, the RC Assistant software loads, but doesn't see the TX when I plug it in and turn it on. The Phantom Assistant software seems to work just fine, but the RC Assistant does not.

Thanks for confirming I'm not alone. :)
You are not alone! I am also having the same problem, and I am also using windows 10.

Uding win 20 no problems here

Look at your download folder and see if you have the older ver of assistant

Having the same problem with Windoze 10. RC Assistant doesn't see the controller.
Anybody find a fix for this? I'm using DJI WIN driver V2.02.
P2V+. Old model controller.
Phantom Assistant sees the bird ok.

Having the same problem with Windoze 10. RC Assistant doesn't see the controller.
Anybody find a fix for this? I'm using DJI WIN driver V2.02.
P2V+. Old model controller.
Phantom Assistant sees the bird ok.

I had the same issue, here is the fix, you need to disable driver signing follow this link

How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)

Now open device manager and find the com port for the dji (it may be called USB port 3) and right click, choose update driver and choose browse my computer then let me pick from a list then hit have disk

You then need to point it to the driver folder for DJI usually C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02

once done the comport should change to DJI com Port 3 (or 4)

that should let you use the RC assistant, creds go to another Forum member for this but i cant find the thread.

Incidentally I have to do the change in device manager each time I use the RC software as using the quad software changes it back to defaults

Reactions: jwax
Mine works fine on Mac but won't connect to windows 10. Was told this is a known issue. See if works on an older PC or borrow a friend's Mac?

Thank you crash!
I fixed several issues with Win10 by buying a refurbed Dell laptop with Win7.
All works as it should on my $89 purchase. :)
Win10 big disappointment, in more ways than one.

Reactions: crash1sttime

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav