Does anyone have a spare "proof of purchase"

Ari

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long story short I won my P3A in a raffle. I have always had some issues with "jello" or wavy video. This really never bothered me because I really have no interest in making videos and I won the thing. I do not have the proof of purchase and neither does the raffler. Fast forward to present date: I have started working with a company to produce real estate aerial videos. The jello videos is killing the work. I would like to send in my drone for possible warranty repair but I can not because I do not have a proof of purchase.

So has anyone here crashed their drone (user error) and basically calling it quits? Can I perhaps use your receipt to get my drone repaired?

I did buy some ND filters and it does help but what I have been told by some people is that DJI will fix the jello issues with a repair.

Thanks for your help.

DJI should honor warranty without receipt for items received as a gift.

DJI should honor warranty without receipt for items received as a gift.
They refuse to. I called three times (spent and hour and half combined on hold) and they keep saying without a proof of purchase it automatically becomes a repair item and I will be charged for it. I think that is quite ridiculous as a warranty is a warranty regardless if you have a receipt.

Reactions: Reed L
That would mean all Phantoms received as gifts during the holidays have "no warranty" without proof of purchase? I suppose anything is possible. Typically, a manufacturer will allow you register an item and warranty would start from that date if one claims they received item as a gift. Your serial number should allow them to see when Phantom was manufactured or first sold allowing them to somehow work with you on this.

I doubt anyone else will want to give up there warranty on something so expensive. Good luck tho
I am asking for someones receipt who crashed it and pretty much has no use for it anymore.

What is the cause of jelloiing. Should be an easy fix and easier than sending it in and being down.

That would mean all Phantoms received as gifts during the holidays have "no warranty" without proof of purchase?
I would like to think that those people that bought them as gifts either kept their receipt, or got a gift receipt. If they ordered online, there's always an e-receipt as well.

What is the cause of jelloiing. Should be an easy fix and easier than sending it in and being down.
I just uploaded this quick video I shot today to test everything with the latest firmware. 40 seconds in is where you really see it. If you have any suggestions how to fix this please feel free to go. Ive read through the forums before and have had no success. I can take a picture with a 3 second shutter and have a perfectly sharp image but video has just never worked for me

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's just the video stabilizer due to camera shake. Not sure how many of those attachments you have on your gimbal. Mine has 2 out of 4 attached. Might try adding 2 more, or removing 2 if you have 4 already.

This example has 2 out of 4 of these connectors. I imagine with 4 attached, the shaking would be less? I could be wrong.

ch503_4.jpg

Last edited:
I've removed all 4 of the rubber isolators. Now I only run with zip ties
I only use zip ties as well. The jello effect is due to the rolling shutter I from my understanding of the issue. That is why the ND filter or shooting video at dawn/ dusk help produce clear video.

Yup, we were always taught, gosh this goes back decades:
Don't take pictures between 10am ~ 2pm. Either do them in the early morning, or late afternoon, & sometimes at nighttime for your best exposures.

Seems to still hold true today, especially under the bright Sun star. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Curasail
I just uploaded this quick video I shot today to test everything with the latest firmware. 40 seconds in is where you really see it. If you have any suggestions how to fix this please feel free to go. Ive read through the forums before and have had no success. I can take a picture with a 3 second shutter and have a perfectly sharp image but video has just never worked for me

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

By chance, is this still attached to your gimbal?

phantom-3_gimball-packing-rear.jpg

I flew my P3A for the first time on Sunday and had the same "Jello" effect you refer to. Not until yesterday did I notice this piece was still attached. IIRC, the words are a bit smaller and I didn't notice at first. Yes, after removing this, the video is solid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers