Does anyone happen to know the approximate height of the big high voltage line towers?

Reaction score
I have one in my most common flight path, and I want to be able to fly lower in it's vicinity, however, it's hard to judge how tall it is from an iPad mini screen. I'm flying about 225' over it, and I can tell I have some room to play with. I can't fly under it, or I'll lose signal(at least until I get my Titan Atlas up and running). I don't know if they vary in height, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Doug Rosevear
No standard height. Typical height ranges from 15 to 55 m (49 to 180 ft).
Thank you very much, close is good enough, I'm gonna feel a lot better going down to 200' now. I'm braver with my Mavic PP, with that thing I'll take risks that I wouldn't normally take with the P4P, and I can get right down on the water from a mile away.

One thing to watch out for are the horizontal support lines between sequential towers. They are at the very top of the towers, above the actual power lines themselves. They can be difficult to see at times, and generally speaking to not sag as the lines do.

Reactions: infinite
Here's another diagram that may be helpful when determining heights.
tower heights.jpg

I have one in my most common flight path, and I want to be able to fly lower in it's vicinity, however, it's hard to judge how tall it is from an iPad mini screen. I'm flying about 225' over it, and I can tell I have some room to play with. I can't fly under it, or I'll lose signal(at least until I get my Titan Atlas up and running). I don't know if they vary in height, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.Thank you in advance.

Great thread I just looked this information up earlier today

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4