Does anyone else's P3 battery look like this?

Reaction score
I just bought a new P3A from a 3rd-party dealer. It came with a battery which looks suspect, but i called DJI and they claim it is legit.

Flew it once, and flight time was sub-par...I only got 15-minutes on my first flight.

Did anyone else receive this specific battery with their new P3?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_8393.JPG

Last edited:
Looks fine to me? What's suspect to you? The Chinese writing from a company that is in China and manufactures it in China? Lol it's fine

A sealed phantom 3 will never come with a fake battery from the factory. If DJI says it's real then that's that.

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on your new phantom. If this is your first quad then don't fly indoors as you will regret it.

Respect the blades on the quad as they can put a 2" deep gash into your skin, it's just a matter of time it hits someone's artery and do huge amount of damage.

Make sure to read the manual at least 5 times before thinking of trying to fly. Watch hours of YouTube videos of tips and crashes so you know what not to do.

Make sure your battery hits 25c to 27c if flying in cold conditions and land when the cell with the least voltage hits 3.6-3.65v regardless of how much % is left in the battery, or your new phantom can fall out of the sky/hard emergency landing.

Be an active member on the forums to know if you should update or not when new firmware is released.

Turn on advanced flight modes in the settings and if you phantom is out of control then switch your P A F switch to A (Atti mode) which has no gps lock and your phantom will drift but you should regain control as most fly aways are from gps interference and by going into Atti mode it stops using gps info for the flight other than RTH.

This is not a toy, it's an aircraft that could easily kill a small child/do critical damage so please respect the aircraft and don't hover over kids/people.

If you knew all this and owned a quad befor then just tell me to stfu lol. :)

Once again congrats.

Last edited:
Looks legit to me. The ones I don't like are like the one I got from Amazon and returned that said "compatible with".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: P3AfromTX
Looks fine to me? What's suspect to you? The Chinese writing from a company that is in China and manufactures it in China? Lol it's fine

A sealed phantom 3 will never come with a fake battery from the factory. If DJI says it's real then that's that.

Flight time was sub-par

I have 2 batteries - 1st recivied with p3p from China (battery Without chineese letters) and 2nd (spare) bought at same person, but shipped from Sweden WITH chineese letters.

Strange huh?

But flight time is for me almost equal so seems to be good.

Reactions: P3AfromTX
Compared to what?

I had a P3S previously, and the battery looked like the one below (no Chinese writing). I routinely got 20+ minutes of flight time.

This new battery (with Chinese writing, supra) only lasted 14 minutes (on the inaugural flight) before it reached critical levels and I had to land.

upload_2016-3-7_15-31-13.png

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on your new phantom. If this is your first quad then don't fly indoors as you will regret it.

Respect the blades on the quad as they can put a 2" deep gash into your skin, it's just a matter of time it hits someone's artery and do huge amount of damage.

Make sure to read the manual at least 5 times before thinking of trying to fly. Watch hours of YouTube videos of tips and crashes so you know what not to do.

Make sure your battery hits 25c to 27c if flying in cold conditions and land when the cell with the least voltage hits 3.6-3.65v regardless of how much % is left in the battery, or your new phantom can fall out of the sky/hard emergency landing.

Be an active member on the forums to know if you should update or not when new firmware is released.

Turn on advanced flight modes in the settings and if you phantom is out of control then switch your P A F switch to A (Atti mode) which has no gps lock and your phantom will drift but you should regain control as most fly aways are from gps interference and by going into Atti mode it stops using gps info for the flight other than RTH.

This is not a toy, it's an aircraft that could easily kill a small child/do critical damage so please respect the aircraft and don't hover over kids/people.

If you knew all this and owned a quad befor then just tell me to stfu lol. :)

Once again congrats.

Thanks for the feedback, and the kind welcome note. Long-time drone pilot here...this is my second P3...I loved the Standard, but had to upgrade.

I had a P3S previously, and the battery looked like the one below (no Chinese writing). I routinely got 20+ minutes of flight time.

This new battery (with Chinese writing, supra) only lasted 14 minutes (on the inaugural flight) before it reached critical levels and I had to land.

View attachment 46325
First... The Phantom 3 Standard will fly longer on the battery than the other Phantoms.

Second... Give that battery a full charge. Fly it again and throw it in HD to see what's happening. You had a few major deviations but they were on different cells and only 2-3.. Look at the sample of a battery that is not good in HD. I sent a battery back but the first flight was 50+ major deviations. I recharged and tested it again without pushing it there were 30+ major deviations... That's a bad battery.

Also how were you flying. Were you aggressive on the sticks?

Lastly monitor the voltage not the battery percentage.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

First... The Phantom 3 Standard will fly longer on the battery than the other Phantoms.

Second... Give that battery a full charge. Fly it again and throw it in HD to see what's happening. You had a few major deviations but they were on different cells and only 2-3.. Look at the sample of a battery that is not good in HD. I sent a battery back but the first flight was 50+ major deviations. I recharged and tested it again without pushing it there were 30+ major deviations... That's a bad battery.

Also how were you flying. Were you aggressive on the sticks?

Lastly monitor the voltage not the battery percentage.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hey mojo. Can you expound on the "monitor the voltage not the battery percentage" statement, please?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj