Does an iPhone 6 work with the HDMI output module?

Reaction score
Just ordered a Hootoo 3D VR headset for my iPhone 6.

My objective is not to use it as an FPV solution for controlling my P3P since I want to fly legally with LOS, here in Canada. So I intend to use the DJI Go App with an iPad Air 2 for piloting.

I wish to use my iPhone 6 with the Hootoo headset to allow friends to look at the P3P flight without always been over my shoulder trying to see my iPad display. I've ordered an HDMI output module to hook my iPhone on it but I'm not sure if :

1- An iPhone 6 can be used with the HDMI (with an HDMI adaptor) or the micro-USB port of this module to display an FPV view at the same time I will use the standard USB port of my P3P controller for the DJI Go App.

2- Does the FPV camera App allow the disabling of the tilt control of the P3P camera form the headset?

If anyone can answer any of those questions or suggest a better setup for my goals, thanks.

Maher

1. NO
2. No idea

Thanks Alokbhargava,

I figure out that the iPhone won't work with an HDMI input. And I didn't find any monitor with HDMI in that will fit in an smartphone holder headset, not mentioning that such a device would need to be able to split the video feed in two for each eye.

So now, I'm looking for a cheap Google device with HDMI input like the Headplay headset but without the RF receiver electronics.

I wonder why there is no DIY to add HDMI port to iPhone :) or Apple introduces an HDMI interface in new devices.

I also want to use my iPhone 6 as an HDMI monitor from the HDMI output module on my Phantom 4 controller. I finally found a set of VR goggles (Cynoculars brand) that fit well over my glasses and they have independent diopter controls to further focus the image in the goggles. The Cynoculars work with my iPhone 6 plus as the screen. If I could only find an app that allows an HDMI input to an iPhone 6 I'd be all set. If anyone knows of one, please let me know.

Or, if anyone knows of a set of goggles with an HDMI input, that fit over glasses, with independent diopter controls, I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks!

Try Quanum pro v 3. There pretty reasonable have a five inch screen room for glasses Got mine working today with an hdmi to Rca plug adapter. Has to be be one with usb power. A inch and half square box with hdmi in and Rca out. All the stuff at Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you read my previous post (see link) you'll see I'm an unofficial cheerleader for the Epson BT-200 goggles.

Moverio BT200 + Colorado Video DM485CS = DJI Phantom 3 FPV!

These meet your parameters - you can wear them over your glasses but they also have lens inserts so you can put your own prescription lenses in them. You need the DJI HDMI output module and you also need an adapter from colorado video (much elaboration in the post mentioned above). It's NOT cheap, but with this setup I still have LOS when I fly solo, I control using the DJI app on my phone but I get to see outstanding FPV.

Just a note: The HDMI output from the DJI unit gives you a TON of telemetry, including distance, battery life, signal strength, number of satellites and other stuff. Other than direct camera control I find I hardly use the DJI APP screens much at all now.

Hope that gives you more information. My BT-300 goggles are scheduled to ship next week, I'm hoping they will be even better!

Tom

If you read my previous post (see link) you'll see I'm an unofficial cheerleader for the Epson BT-200 goggles.

Moverio BT200 + Colorado Video DM485CS = DJI Phantom 3 FPV!

These meet your parameters - you can wear them over your glasses but they also have lens inserts so you can put your own prescription lenses in them. You need the DJI HDMI output module and you also need an adapter from colorado video (much elaboration in the post mentioned above). It's NOT cheap, but with this setup I still have LOS when I fly solo, I control using the DJI app on my phone but I get to see outstanding FPV.

Just a note: The HDMI output from the DJI unit gives you a TON of telemetry, including distance, battery life, signal strength, number of satellites and other stuff. Other than direct camera control I find I hardly use the DJI APP screens much at all now.

Hope that gives you more information. My BT-300 goggles are scheduled to ship next week, I'm hoping they will be even better!

Tom

Let us know how the BT-300 works out, and hope it is the BT-300-FPV model.

Someone posted a video of the BT-300 yesterday as a review with a Mavic. The two guys had issues with the clip-on sunscreen being too dark to see the dark colored Mavic through them and preferred to look over or around the display. They had video lag issues too which I've read about. Maybe they'll fix it in the final released FPV model as theirs was an Epson review model.

I think I'll go and try out the Glyphs and the Moons at a b9ta.com store in person. Royole Moons are supposedly much higher rez and maybe 3D but cost about $300 more than the $500 Gylphs. If the Moon's eyecover comes out it might not be too bad to look over it. Dunno. Not crazy about the ear covers on both though as I can't hear the po-po sneak up and yell at me to "Stop flying!" and "No drones allowed here!" or "We've had a call..." (ugh!).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers