Dodgy images and video

Reaction score
Hey all,

So my second P2V+ has an image and video issue where there's thousands of short vertical yellow lines on my images and the video has thousands of yellow speckles.
On both the video and images it's more noticeable on darker parts such as shadows etc, but it's everywhere.
On the video in the darker areas they almost seem to twinkle (not static specks) for lack of a better description.

This P2V+ was purchased second hand and had been crashed.
When I got it the gimbal ribbon was intact but the gimbal itself was doing the crazy dance which I soon sorted.
No other issues were found and it was returned to flight status in no time.

So, trying to track down the dodgy images I've double checked the ribbon & the three connectors to the gimbal.
I've also checked the other end of the gimbal cable back at the main board, wi-fi module & found nothing out of the ordinary.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the image issue as I'm out of ideas?

Attachments

• Crap-Picture.jpg
    Crap-Picture.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 322
You could play about with alternative camera settings, if anything changes for better or worse it might give a clue.
Something in the camera or associated circuitry is failing, and changing the unit will likely cost little more than attempting a repair unless you can do it yourself.

Thanks guys.

I did mess with different camera settings but had no joy.
Was kinda thinkin that its probably hardware rather than settings as the problem is across both images and video.

I might remove the back of the camera and reseat the ribbon, although I susspect that's probably the only user serviceable thing in there.

Thanks for your thoughts :D

It should be still under warranty assuming you have not crashed it.

I would get a repaired/replaced.

Good thought but this is my second machine which I bought second hand as a crashed unit so doubt that would fly so to speak.

But just thinking about it I've got nothing to lose :idea:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20