DOA - or am I missing something?

Reaction score
Just got my Phantom 2. I can not figure out how to power it up. There is a fully-charged battery in it. When I hold the circular button on the battery for 2 seconds the light in the middle of that button blinks red for a couple seconds, then turns off. Exactly the same as what happens if I turn the battery on when it's not plugged in.

When I plug in the USB cable, I also get nothing.

Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Also, for your information, I tried that with and without the remote controller turned on.

First - NEVER power up Phantom before controller. Controller first...

To power up you press button once then again and HOLD for 2-3 secs and you'll see the green leds light up. To power down it's the same.

EMCSQUAR said:

To power up you press button once then again and HOLD for 2-3 secs and you'll see the green leds light up. To power down it's the same.

Thanks, I had no idea about pushing the button twice. Wonder why they didn't mention that in the manual or the quick-start guide?

DattaGroover said:
EMCSQUAR said:

Thanks, I had no idea about pushing the button twice. Wonder why they didn't mention that in the manual or the quick-start guide?

'Check the sticker on the battery, just a few centimeter away from the button itself.

LeoS said:
'Check the sticker on the battery, just a few centimeter away from the button itself.

Yeah, who woulda thought? Someone should tell them to put it in their manuals.

Or maybe it's an intentional test. Kind of a public-safety thing:
"If they're not detailed enough to read the little sticker on the underbelly of the battery or smart enough figure out how to turn this baby on, they are NOT supposed to be flying one of these."

DattaGroover said:
LeoS said:

Yeah, who woulda thought? Someone should tell them to put it in their manuals.

Or maybe it's an intentional test. Kind of a public-safety thing:
"If they're not detailed enough to read the little sticker on the underbelly of the battery or smart enough figure out how to turn this baby on, they are NOT supposed to be flying one of these."

If that's the case, we look forward to your flyaway thread :mrgreen:

"Flyaway - or did I just miss my Phantom?"

CunningStuntFlyer said:
EMCSQUAR said:

Meh. It's not an issue in the real world. The TX will bind to the RX just fine if you forget to turn the TX on before plugging in the Phantom's battery.
Those words right there tell me that you are a careless person passing off bad information . I bet you never seen a rc just take off because the TX was left off when a RC was turned on ? I have many times . You are the type that will end up hurting someone and causing the rest of us problems . Good luck with your unsafe way of life SMH !

CunningStuntFlyer said:
Just the facts.

Please explain how the motors on the Phantom will arm and take off while the ESCs arm still warming up. Please think before replying this time.

Plugging the battery in and then turning the TX on a few seconds later doesn't cause any problems, except for upsetting the likes of you.

Every RC take off being car , truck , plane , or helicopter where servo based . The phantom is my first "smart" RC but there is a reason why every video, manual and quick start guid state to turn on the TX first their is a chance of a potential problem all it takes is right frequency to make things go wrong with the TX on you have a bind. People like you take the risk until something dose happen then say I didn't think that would happen . Like I said You are careless and unsafe I bet your the moron that was bouncing the phantom off the buildings in the city giggling like a little school girl . I hope everything works out for you and you don't hurt yourself or someone else . I spent enough time with you every forum has one and your proving to be the one for this forum . "FACT"
GL !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik