do you store your P2V+ with the gimbal lock?

Reaction score
Wondering if I must use the stock plastic gimbal lock to store the Phantom or just leave the gimbal free of movement...I'll appreciate your advice and hints.

Always. I want to protect the lens and I don't want it flailing around whenever I move it.

I always store my Phantom with the lock on. But, it would be perfectly fine to keep the lock off if you're not moving your Phantom around (e.g. carrying it in a case) when not in use.

Always.... why not? I keep in on the floor of my office always tempting to take it out and fly. While it rests that doesn't mean its not going to get dumped or hit. Why wouldn't you store it wo Gimbal lock?

I've owned 2 of these things and took the lock off both of them when I took them out of the box and never used them at all...

BUT...

My Phantoms always sit stationary on a shelf... then get moved gently to the back seat of my car on fly days and strapped in with a car seat strap.

If you're bumping and bouncing it around to get it from place to place it's better to use the lock.

My phantom sits on the shelf when not in use and I carry it down the street to fly. I never use the lock. If I'm putting in the car to fly somewhere else then I will put the lock on.

Always have it on. As another posted mentioned above, I also use an aftermarket lock. It's very easy to pop on and off in one motion. Never know when something might bump the Gimbal or lens.

Any links to that "aftermarket lock", per-chance?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 396

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic