Do you need the car charger?

Reaction score
Just looking at some of the DJI accessories, and wondering if you even need the dedicated car charger? I have a cigarette adapter that goes to an AC outlet. Could I not just plug in my standard battery charger into that?

Works just fine with small devices like phone chargers, just wanted to make sure it would also work with something like the bigger DJI battery charger

Try it and see. It will all depend on the amount of watts it can put out as to whether it will charge a P battery. Go sit in your car with it for 10 minutes.

My guess is that it wont work, or wont work for a full charge unless its at least a 100w inverter.

Incidentally I purchased a car charger off amazon (non DJI was $15 when I got it with Prime shipping. It seems to have gone up since) It works a treat.

http://www.amazon.com/BTG-Charger-P...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I've got the car charger because we plan to hit Niagara Falls soon and on the way back we will go to Erie. 6 batteries don't last long :/

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've got the car charger because we plan to hit Niagara Falls soon and on the way back we will go to Erie. 6 batteries don't last long :/

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My Phantom 4 is on its way, but eek I've only ordered 1 extra battery. SIX batteries!?!?

Used my car charger today and I have 4 batteries. It works great. Seems to be almost as fast as the home charger too. It's only 90 watts instead of the 100 watts the home one has. I also have 2 home chargers as well since they do have any kind of hub yet. This is a must when flying a several hour job! I will def have to have a couple more batteries eventually too. Batteries won't take a charge until they cool for prob 10 min at least.

Reactions: Ortiz82
Just looking at some of the DJI accessories, and wondering if you even need the dedicated car charger? I have a cigarette adapter that goes to an AC outlet. Could I not just plug in my standard battery charger into that?

Works just fine with small devices like phone chargers, just wanted to make sure it would also work with something like the bigger DJI battery charger

I do this all the time with no problems. Especially on long trips

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20