Do you guys have a favorite spot or go somewhere new each?

Re: Do you guys have a favorite spot or go somewhere new eac

If I just want a quick flying session I go my local village recreation ground - a large area of open land with rugby and football (soccer) pitches on it - but surely flying in scenic places is one of the joys of the hobby, isn't it? It certainly is if you're recording video or taking pictures, to my mind at least. If I'm driving somewhere I'm constantly taking mental note of where might be a good place to fly, and my Phantom case is normally in the boot (trunk) of my car.

I spend a lot of time browsing Google Earth for those out of the way patches of green that look like a good place to fly.

I don't have very many options close by, being in the most densely populated area of land in the US. I use the park. I have to contend with throngs of people ("how long? how high? how much?!?!") and several kite flyers. I try to go at odd hours, to avoid this.

Only place more than once would be my yard. Mostly there to test adjustments. Too many trees to fly away very far, other than UP. Of my 35 recorded, one battery flights, none have been in the same place in my area. Best was a farmer's field when I tested the antenna mods. I want to get a nice shot of the local beach area but have to get up early so the people are not out there. I hate getting up early. State park, farmer's field, chemical company, caught the big boat going out one day, sports field. Dam near hit the water tower. Scarrrrry. :shock: Wind turbines was interesting. Many various areas.

I have a decent amount of land to fly around surrounded by trees galore, so I usually just fly on my own property. Not my favorite spot since I've flown here countless times and it really gets old, so I'm always looking for new spots to fly at.

I am always looking for someplace new to fly. Need to go to some of the local lakes and check them out or make a trip down to the coast.

dirkclod said:
Live in the country, back yard is field ,Hardwood stands and large cutovers with a FC40 hiding in it :cry: Fly there everyday ;)

every time i read that you fly in your back yard i feel envy...
because this is how my back yard looks like :shock:

i live in one of the biggest cities in the world (red dot is my house and the image covers about 40% or less of the mexico city)

harbourside said:
I spend a lot of time browsing Google Earth for those out of the way patches of green that look like a good place to fly.
so i do like harbourside and spend a lot of time browsing google earth for big parks, soccer or baseball fields where i can fly.

today i took my quad to u.n.a.m (our national university) and flew in its ecological reserve :)
finally i had a chance to send my quad until i almost lost her in the sky, which i assume was about 150-200 meters :lol:

-cant wait to receive my flytrex core2 and iosd to have telemetry on my monitor-

Attachments

• pp1.jpg
    pp1.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 386
  • pp2.jpg
    pp2.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 348
  • pp3.jpg
    pp3.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 341

sidebox said:
I don't have very many options close by, being in the most densely populated area of land in the US. I use the park. I have to contend with throngs of people ("how long? how high? how much?!?!") and several kite flyers. I try to go at odd hours, to avoid this.
You should buy the Tshirt!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-T-Shirt/

I have a go to spot I use whenever I update firmware....just to be safe, but otherwise I like to travel with my P2V+. I throw the backpack with it in the trunk whenever I'm going somewhere and hope I find a new and interesting place to fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj