Do you ever fly........ just for fun?

Reaction score
Not for the purpose of taking photos or video.........

Not to test a new piece of equipment or a mod........

Not to try to set a new speed or distance record..........

Not to maintain or improve your skills............

Just fly for the helluvit?

Yeah... Sometimes I do it just to clear my head from the BS of the day.

:D Sure, it's addicting. Much more relaxing than a fixed wing, too! ;)

I would have to say it would be rare.

99% of the time I am flying to see the video/view or for distance. On occasion speed

Actually I had no interest in Quads until the FPV technology got to were it is on the P2 Visions.

Now that said I might have more fun zipping around the yard and trees if they were not so expensive. Right now its too much money to make laps around obstacles.

So far all my flights are for fun.

I just use the camera to document them.

You never know when a bird will make a fly-by or see a gator in a canal.

:D
N017RW said:
So far all my flights are for fun.

I just use the camera to document them.

You never know when a bird will make a fly-by or see a gator in a canal.
:D Yes indeed! I regularly find details I missed in FPV.

I've only had my Vision+ for about 3 months and I still think it's fun to just fly regardless of taking video or photos. I've found that little kids ages 3-8 seem quite enamored by the flying toy with flashing red/green lights and I let them chase it around the park. Being the single guy I am, could be a cool way to meet a pretty MILF, who knows?

However, I constantly remind myself that if I only wanted a multirotor so I could buzz around in the air and do loop-de-loops and other tricks then I could've bought two for the price of what I paid. The only reason any of us should be buying a Vision/Vision+ is for the stabilized HD video of an easy-to-fly quad. This will become more obvious in the years ahead as UAVs become more autonomous and won't even need to be piloted by a human. Just speak to it like Siri and tell it where you want it to go and off it goes. The only manual input from your hands will be to operate the camera for proper angles and zooming.

The P2V+ flies for video. The P1 is for pure fun, both line of sight and with FPV goggles. I love how it's so lightweight and maneuverable.

I bought my P1 just for fun and THEN discovered how cool photos/video could be. I love zooming around just flying for no particular reason. I am wanting to upgrade my gopro and get a gimbal setup but I'll still go fly just for fun!

Yeah, it is rare, but actually just did fly it, no camera or card on the unit....started with just feeling like cruising the neighborhood at altitude (never want to creep everyone out). Then i usually get into practice mode working on slow circles to fixate on a subject, fly bys with aileron and yaw to fixate on a subject, etc...

So...practice for when i am videoing basically. I challenge myself on proximity, backing out with elevation, yada yada yada...

Fun times - but often wish i was recording then! LMAO

480sparky said:
Not for the purpose of taking photos or video.........

Not to test a new piece of equipment or a mod........

Not to try to set a new speed or distance record..........

Not to maintain or improve your skills............

Just fly for the helluvit?

ALL THE TIME. After all, if you spent $1,500, wouldn't you do the same? :D

Most of my flights are in ATTI mode and just be fun. Tried manual a couple of times but realised very soon there is no fun in that ;)

I only fly for fun.

Phantom 2 H3-3D
Phantom 1
Blade 350 QX2
Blade 200 QX
Blade Nano QX
and a bunch of fixed wing RC planes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member