Do prop guards make Phantom wobble

Reaction score
Do prop guards make Phantom wobble a little bit and be a little unstable when decending??

I have had prop guards on my Phantom 1 from day one and never experienced this but it's always in my mind. I never drop straight down quickly. I can come down quickly at an angle with no problems.....but if you have a breeze, do it into the wind so you are in clean air. Many say prop guards are a problem. They have saved my props many times. It's easy to tip over when taking off or landing when on grass or any unstable surface. I am still on first set of props. Got the Phantom in April. Had a few bumps and rolls. No repairs yet. I don't like taking off with throttle in gps. It's too slow for the props to gain speed on mine and the quad likes to tip and without guards I would be banging props all the time. What I do......power up quad....get all correct led flashes...I goose the throttle a bit to make sure it's responsive. I believe this also sets home point. When ready to lift off.....with no throttle added but ready to add, I drop my S1 switch to manual.....set in software...it applies full throttle quickly and lifts off nicely...I then immediately go to gps or atti with S1. This always works for me. Plus, prop guards make the Phantom easier to see it at a distance. I took the extra red decals they supply and applied them to front guards to make it easier to see orientation. I'm thinking of painting them bright red or similar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik