DO NOT upgrade to ios 9x

Reaction score
I have P3 Pro and ipad mini 2. Upgraded to ios 9.0.1 on Tuesday and have been having problems with the FPV video. Flying close (500' to 1500') to check it out and lose the video FPV at times. Maybe 1 to 3 times in a 20 minute flight. It will cut out and then the screen will at times go gray for 15 to 30 seconds. Overall, it will come back in about 30 to 60 seconds. Still have control of the drone.

I called DJI today (and I immediately got technical support) and they said that DJI GO is not compatible with ios 9. So I called Apple and there is no way to go back to ios 8x. So I sit and wait for DJI to update to a new version of GO that will be compatible with ios 9x.

I hope someone has a fix for this that DJI or Apple does not.

Reactions: Poundofnuts
I have P3 Pro and ipad mini 2. Upgraded to ios 9.0.1 on Tuesday and have been having problems with the FPV video. Flying close (500' to 1500') to check it out and lose the video FPV at times. Maybe 1 to 3 times in a 20 minute flight. It will cut out and then the screen will at times go gray for 15 to 30 seconds. Overall, it will come back in about 30 to 60 seconds. Still have control of the drone.

I called DJI today (and I immediately got technical support) and they said that DJI GO is not compatible with ios 9. So I called Apple and there is no way to go back to ios 8x. So I sit and wait for DJI to update to a new version of GO that will be compatible with ios 9x.

I hope someone has a fix for this that DJI or Apple does not.
You can go back to IOS 8.4.. It is posted here. Do a search and I will also try to find the post and get back to you

You can go back to IOS 8.4.. It is posted here. Do a search and I will also try to find the post and get back to you

That will be great if I can go back to IOS 8.4. It work perfectly. This is my first Apple and technical support told be in no uncertain terms that there was no way to go back.

Thanks for your help. I will also google how to, but if you have a link I would sure appreciate it.

I sure think the work should get out not to upgrade to IOS 9x.

That will be great if I can go back to IOS 8.4. It work perfectly. This is my first Apple and technical support told be in no uncertain terms that there was no way to go back.

Thanks for your help. I will also google how to, but if you have a link I would sure appreciate it.

I sure think the work should get out not to upgrade to IOS 9x.
Reverting to ios8.4 on iPad cures video lag...

What I am finding is that it is really not possible or easily done at this time. Again, for those who have not upgraded.... DO NOT!!!

What I am finding is that it is really not possible or easily done at this time. Again, for those who have not upgraded.... DO NOT!!!
Well there are several who have reverted -- just keep following the threads-- I am on 8.4 and have not upgraded. 9.0.02 came out yesterday, which was an upgrade from 9.0== you might try that one if you cant go backwards, there are lads here that has done that one -- may fix your issues-- who knows?

Just saw another post that said after upgrading the IOS, uninstall the GO App and reinstall it-- might work

Just saw another post that said after upgrading the IOS, uninstall the GO App and reinstall it-- might work

Reactions: jryser
I will try uninstalling and re-installing the GO app, I hope that works. However, I can not believe that others are not having this problem. Has anyone else using the P3 Pro with ipad mini 2 with ios 9 not had a problem???

Apple told me today, that can not be done. So, when will DJI update GO??? What happens when someone buys a new Apple with IOS 9x and tries to use it with DJI GO and it does not work???

This is literally making DJI incompatible with Apple from now on... until DJI updates.

There are two versions of 9.0 and 9.0.02 is the latest, came out yesterday. Try the latest, uninstall and reinstall the Go App after the upgrade and see if that helps.

Reactions: jryser
Yep I updated to 9 and am now having Radom video glitches which I had never experienced before. iPhone 6

Bobmyers is right on the GO reinstall. I had slow painting issues on the Mini 2 and they went away after an uninstall and reinstall.

Sent from my PT beating heart

I an on 9.0.1 and uninstalled GO and reinstalled and same thing... maybe worse. This time is states lost signal which I do not recall before and for a longer period of time. I now am uninstalled Go and upgrading to 9.0.2 (which there is absolutely no way going back to 8.4 from what I find) and then reinstall GO. I will let you know what happens.

Uninstalled GO upgraded to IOS 9.0.2 re-installed GO and the same problem. I highly suggest that if you have not upgraded IOS.. you DO NOT!

I would like to hear from anyone that has and is not having problems.

If you uninstall from iPhone/iPad, do you lose the saved flights you haven't uploaded to the cloud?

If you uninstall from iPhone/iPad, do you lose the saved flights you haven't uploaded to the cloud?

It cleared both my iPhone and iPad, so if they're not on the Cloud I think you're hosed.

Reactions: CianMcLiam
I see that DJI go app 2.3.0 has just been released for IOS. Maybe this will solve your problems?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1