Do not buy a Phantom Vision Plus!

Reaction score
Many of the companies that are selling PV2+ in Europe has decided not to sell any more units due to the problems with DJI support.
This was decided at a telephone conference this morning!
The major problem as they see it is the problem with the Gimbal/camera and having back-orders for new spare parts for over 5 weeks.
The Gimbal/camera has a very poor construction and if DJI does not take actions to fix this they themselves will loose in the end!

If they stop selling stuff because of 5 week back orders on spare parts, they pretty much can stop selling any rc stuff. Ever waited on spare parts from Graupner or Multiplex?? So who was this conference call with anyway that it covers the entire continent?

I've had a few small iffy moments and still gimbal & camera are perfectly fine?..in saying that, there would probably be so many people doing silly things and crashing..so what would you expect to damage first?

Pilots fault..not DJI

PS: Another bs dji rant thread..DEAD in the water!

This stand for my opinion after calling several dealers in Europe to try to get a new Gimbal/camera!
No one could deliver and they told me that they today try to steer the customers away from PV2+.
I did not say the whole continent I said "many of the companies"
Pilots fault, yes you are quite right, but if you due to this brake something it should be possible to get it repaired or buying a new part!
The future will tell!

How many exactly is 'many companies'?

2?
4?
22?

The gimbal is sensitive, so if you power on the P2V+ without removing the clip then it puts a strain on it.

But if you fly your P2V+ at speed into walls, trees, the ground etc. then things might break ;)

More then 4 less then 22!
Yes it is sensitive this you can read about all over the forum.
One company that I talked to today have tried to get the tools from DJI to be able to do these repairs themselves without any luck.
If a Gimbal as in my case, is sent to DJI Germany for repair and returned without any action that to my way of thinking is poor service!
Everything, almost, can be repaired it is only a question of money and that was not the problem this time.
If i have a camera for $1000 that is broken when dropped it usually can be repaired. $100-500 or more and its up to me to repair it or buy a new.
Never got this option/quote

These things are selling off the shelves as fast as they can build them.

Regardless of issues for every 1 dealer that says we are not going to sell them there will be 10 more wanting to sign up to sell.

And in my opinion 90% of DJIs issues are because they are selling them off the shelves as fast as they can build them.

Its not intentional poor service in my opinion, its growing pains.

vagspel said:
Many of the companies that are selling PV2+ in Europe has decided not to sell any more units due to the problems with DJI support.
The major problem as they see it is the problem with the Gimbal/camera and having back-orders for new spare parts for over 5 weeks.
The Gimbal/camera has a very poor construction and if DJI does not take actions to fix this they themselves will loose in the end!

New technology + very high demand = backlogs and waiting times for support and parts. This is no different than many other new technologies and products in the past twenty years. I remember when the Pentium 2 first came out, and then the NVIDIA Geforce cards, in both cases the wait was weeks to get one. Why? Everyone wanted one!

Your post is about the 3rd or fourth I have seen like this where frustration and lack of patience is driving the opinion more than reason and reflection. Be patient, parts will become available and service and support will improve. I think even DJI is a bit shocked at the success of the P2V+ at this point, leading to not enough parts and support.

On top of their popularity...Can someone think of a similar product in terms of complexity and fault tolerance in which the majority of purchasers had no previous [r/c] experience?

(Too lazy to think that hard this a.m. ;) )

Certainly a contributing factor.

vagspel said:

I just want to be sure I understand this. You are posting on a forum dedicated to people who love a specific product that they should not buy said product because you called a few dealers in Europe and they told you they were no longer selling said product.

If you read what I wrote is that not important info to a forum for lovers of PV2+?
If you call me and I as a marine dealer tells you not to buy one of our products that we sell don´t you start to wonder a bit.
I myself think that that is very important info that should be open to everyone!
Yes as written, DJI has been shocked by the enormous popularity of this fantastic unit.
I love it and have been using it everyday since I bought it.
1000h one engine plane and glider and I know how easy it is to make a mistake. **** happens :) No one to blame but myself but that does not get me a new Gimbal when I need it!

Thanks, but I placed an order with a company in Sweden just now.

sidebox said:
vagspel said:

I just want to be sure I understand this. You are posting on a forum dedicated to people who love a specific product that they should not buy said product because you called a few dealers in Europe and they told you they were no longer selling said product.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

vagspel said:
If you read what I wrote is that not important info to a forum for lovers of PV2+?
If you call me and I as a marine dealer tells you not to buy one of our products that we sell don´t you start to wonder a bit.
I myself think that that is very important info that should be open to everyone!
Yes as written, DJI has been shocked by the enormous popularity of this fantastic unit.
I love it and have been using it everyday since I bought it.
1000h one engine plane and glider and I know how easy it is to make a mistake. **** happens :) No one to blame but myself but that does not get me a new Gimbal when I need it!

I don't mind you making a post with a title like "P2V+ Not Being Sold Buy Several EU Dealers"... but you posted "Do not buy a Phantom Vision Plus!". That's not helpful information.

OK If my English was my native language and I had used by braincells before posting it the only thing that was missing is the "quote unquote". ;-)

vagspel said:
OK If my English was my native language and I had used by braincells before posting it the only thing that was missing is the "quote unquote". ;-)

haha. not to worry. I am happy to hear you were able to locate one in Sweden. I wish better luck in flying in the future!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues