Do Jeeps and UAVs play well together?

Reaction score
I am an avid Jeep guy. I have brought my '98 ZJ from being a broken down turd to a very capable off road machine.I am planning to use it to get me and my P3S to places where I can fly and photo things that those who have a less capable ride might avoid.

My jeep was purchased 14 months ago for very little money since the transfer case and the front differential were broken.I made the necessary repairs and the drive line works as it should. I installed an Aussie locker in the rear differential, lifted the suspension 2", and installed Goodyear Duratrac tires to help it off road. I built and installed a hard point front bumper and 2"x6" rock sliders where the OEM rockers used to live.

For those who don't know Jeeps, the ZJ is a Grand Cherokee which is equipped with air, tilt wheel, cruise, leather upholstery, butt kicking stereo, etc,etc.

I love to go "4 wheeling" and I love flying UAVs and photography and I am curious about how many others are here that feel the same way?

Tobby

I have a JK Unlimited and plan to do the same thing.

I love my WK!

Doug%20and%20Tim_zpsokjvmhak.jpg

Last edited:
25 years and counting with this one

jeep2_zpsacxz0yxy.jpg

Reactions: timmer
This is a shot of my boy Cooper and his ZJ. For legal reasons I hold the title and registration in my name, but it is his Jeep.
DSCN0050.JPG

Reactions: timmer
My Phantom hauler, 08 JK, d44s, 37s blah blah. Need a bunch of work, got a death wobble thing going on, probably just ball joints.
086.JPG
297.JPG

Reactions: NetDep
it's a Jeep.... they ALWAYS have something going on. Mine wont idle when cold at the moment.

Older (Well....AMC, smog era) Jeeps you have to get used to parts falling off of them and trying to figure out what you lost, later on. For me it's usually worthless smog crap.

Im trying to save for fuel injection!!

awesome!!

My Phantom hauler, 08 JK, d44s, 37s blah blah. Need a bunch of work, got a death wobble thing going on, probably just ball joints.View attachment 73644 View attachment 73645
I have seen the death wobble turn out to be track bar related in many instances. The other one that is common is the caster angle gets cheated to cure u-joint angle vibrations on a lifted rig. I just know that it's a nasty symptom of many ailments. Good luck with it!

Tobbt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic