Do i need to put my ipad on airplane mode to fly?

Reaction score
Hi all, just remembered this earlier..

So ill be flying with an att ipad mini4 with cellular. Curious as if i have to fly in airplane mode or is it fine just the way it is? I remember seeing people say that they are in airplane mode in diff pages of the forum.. Just curious ..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So ill be flying with an att ipad mini4 with cellular. Curious as if i have to fly in airplane mode or is it fine just the way it is? I remember seeing people say that they are in airplane mode in diff pages of the forum.. Just curious .
You can if you like but it's not necessary

You can if you like but it's not necessary

Thank you, just had me curious cause i know when i was flying my P2 with gopro, there would be an issue if the bluetooth or wifi was on. Thanks again!

Not really. I fly all the time and have no idea of a difference between flying with it on or off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I always do except when I usually don't...

Reactions: zacksomeone
Make sure you turn off wifi otherwise it will cause interference and reduce your flying range. Also if you have a mobile phone turn off wifi.

Normal cell signal is a different frequency so it is ok to leave cellular on.

Hi all, just remembered this earlier..

So ill be flying with an att ipad mini4 with cellular. Curious as if i have to fly in airplane mode or is it fine just the way it is? I remember seeing people say that they are in airplane mode in diff pages of the forum.. Just curious ..

Some say you get interference from it (cellular) and to turn it off for that reason, and because battery, etc.

I personally never remember to when I am flying with my iPhone.

Oddly enough, I think I get more interference from my iphone when it is in my pocket and I am flying iPad then if I am flying iPhone.

The short answer is: NO, you don't HAVE to.

Reactions: Stealthmatt
Some say you get interference from it (cellular) and to turn it off for that reason, and because battery, etc.

I personally never remember to when I am flying with my iPhone.

Oddly enough, I think I get more interference from my iphone when it is in my pocket and I am flying iPad then if I am flying iPhone.

The short answer is: NO, you don't HAVE to.

Yeah its weird, I had someone come close to me when flying with their mobile phone with wifi enabled and all that jazz and the phantom 4 went into disconnected/low signal attack.

I had forgot I left wifi on my ipad, so maybe its a combination of the 2 trying to talk to each other?

I really suggest to switch off tablet/phone bluetooth and any other bluetooth device around when using Phantom RC. It really disturb RC RX module. Second, is better to switch off wifi too.
There's no need to switch of 3g/4g carrier.

Since the controller is communicating with the aircraft via 2.4 GHz SS in the same frequency range as 2.4 GHz WiFi (unless you have the channel hack enabled and are setting an out-of-band channel manually), it is better not to have any nearby mobile device transmitting on those WiFi channels. Less potential interference that way.

Reactions: Stealthmatt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.