Do I need to install DJI Go 4 for pre-flight diagnostics?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the likes of Litchi will take the place of DJI Go 4 completely? For instance, if I have Litchi installed, do I even need to install DJI Go 4? I'm looking to ditch DJI completely.

I'm at the end of my rope with DJI apps. Okay, they're free and some might say "what do you expect for free?" but if they are THE apps for operating the drone, they should work properly. Any how come they have not developed to run on a single android tablet. The only android tab listed on their website is not available now.

For instance, if I have Litchi installed, do I even need to install DJI Go 4?
As long as you registered your Phantom in DJI GO 4, you could uninstall it. I'd recommend keeping it though in case you need to use it to set any of the settings, update the firmware, etc.

I'm at the end of my rope with DJI apps. Okay, they're free and some might say "what do you expect for free?" but if they are THE apps for operating the drone, they should work properly. Any how come they have not developed to run on a single android tablet. The only android tab listed on their website is not available now.

The DJI Go app is very good.
I use Litchi when I need it's extra features but prefer DJI Go for most of my flying and photography.
It's very demanding of resources.
If you have problems operating the app, the most likely cause is that your tablet isn't up to the task.
I use a Huawei Media Pad M3 and it runs the app flawlessly.

Reactions: With The Birds
The CrystalSky is pretty pricy at 469.00$, but i reluctantly bought one and couldn't be happier with it. It has run flawlessly for the Go & Go4 app. The one thing that i am cautious of is updating firmware. I refuse to update till most of issues are worked out of latest FW. IMO

Funny, yesterday I got to see my first P4P+, got to play with it for a few minutes. First thing I have to say, that screen is NOT brighter than my Galaxy Tab S3! Compared, the P4P+ I felt was harder to see than my tablet. Bright sun, it was almost washed out, a little shade and it was fine. But my Tab S3 is to my eyes, the better of the two. My opinion, nothing more.

I have to say, that screen is NOT brighter than my Galaxy Tab S3! Compared, the P4P+ I felt was harder to see than my tablet. Bright sun, it was almost washed out, a little shade and it was fine. But my Tab S3 is to my eyes, the better of the two. My opinion, nothing more.
The P4 pro+ brightness must have been turned down.
By all accounts, the Tab S3 has a very good screen but it's brightness is well below the 1000 nits of the + and crystalsky monitors.

The P4 pro+ brightness must have been turned down.
By all accounts, the Tab S3 has a very good screen but it's brightness is well below the 1000 nits of the + and crystalsky monitors.
Not sure, But that is possible, did not go into his settings.

Swipe down from the top of the screen and uncheck the checkbox to automatically set the brightness. Then, you can manually max it out. I'm pretty sure that automatic setting was checked when I used my P4P+ for the first time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic