Do I need permission to fly

Reaction score
On the sectional map section R2919B. I am going to Miramar Beach for a few days. Can I fly my drone on the beach in Section R2919B. It say 8500' to unlimited. Does that mean it is restricted 8500' and above?
1629ab65e05b7e6a68647b83670e9fe0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

R-2919B is restricted airspace (USAF, Eglin) but only above 8500 MSL, so you can fly there with no issues as long as you are over 5 miles from Destin (KDTS). If not then you would need to notify Destin (assuming recreational rules). That entire area is also inside the Eglin E MOA (intermittent) so it would be wise to check for NOTAMS.

Thanks Sar104

That is what I was thinking. Just wanted to makes sure before I get down there.

I missed the Valparaiso East-West Corridor (SFC - 8500 MSL) controlled from Eglin that also overlies that coastline. That requires all pilots to get ATC clearance / advisory prior to entering. I'm not sure how that affects recreational UAV flight, but I suspect that it might forbid it entirely.

R-2919B is restricted airspace, and I would not recommend flying there in Miramar Beach. You can fly between Laguna Beach and Panama City Beach without being in restricted airspace. Just be aware of local airports to the north, and Tyndall Air Force base further east. Fly Safe ! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl