Do I need external battery

Reaction score
I am planning to setup and fpv system on my phantom 2 h3-3d gimbal + gopro setup. what I already ordered:
lilliput 664w with built in high sensitve 5.8ghz receiver
t832 600mw video transmitter
mini iosd

My question is, do I need external battery for this setup to power ts832?

nor500 said:
My question is, do I need external battery for this setup to power ts832?

No. There should have been some bare wires coming out of the p2 body along with the gimbal cable. Those are video and power leads for your vtx. There are a multitude of YouTube videos that explain how to wire everything.

+1 Mike.
Nor500, get ready to do some soldering there are no pre-made plug and play cables for Boscam transmitters. Don't forget heat shrink for the connections!

there were 2 cables taped to the bottom of your Phantom when it came new.. the large grey ribbon cable obviously went to the Zenmuse gimbal. the other 2-pair cable runs up and attaches to the Phantom main board.
The yellow/brown pair is a video (yellow) and video-ground (brown) output signal that will attach to the yellow/brown input pair on the iOSD Mini cable

The Red/Brown pair is power (red) and power-ground (brown) that will attach to the red (power) and black (power-ground) cable that goes to POWER your TS832, plugs 5 and 4 below

Your final solder is the last pair (orange/brown) on the iOSD Mini cable, the output to your video transmitter. The orange iOSD cable connects to the yellow video-in on the TS832 video cable (plug 3 below). The brown iOSD cable connects to the video-ground on the TS832 cable (plug 1 below)
The below diagram should help
QYV said:
Looking top down at the cable (as in the picture below) let's number the plugs from RIGHT to LEFT as in this picture:
anschlussbelegung-des-ts832-fpv-senders_1203_7.jpg

TS832 plug 5 -> power in
TS832 plug 4 -> power-ground
TS832 plug 3 -> Video in
TS832 plug 2 -> not used
TS832 plug 1 -> video ground

I'm not sure but I think it's important not to mix the wrong grounds, make sure you're using the ground from the right pair for each (power ground vs video ground).

Thank you for fast reply. I will receive the parts in one 1 month, then I 'll put everything together.

nor500 said:
Thank you for fast reply. I will receive the parts in one 1 month, then I 'll put everything together.

happy to help. I would also highly recommend an internal iOSD Mini install... you should be able to youtube it if you don't already know what that means, basically you just move the CAN-BUS port from the leg of the Phantom up into the body so that the iOSD and all the wiring is nice and neat up inside the shell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20