Do custom video camera settings carry over to still photos?

Reaction score
So I've done a little research and found really good info to setup my camera settings for video to be

Sharpness -1
Contrast -3
Saturation -2

When I am shooting stills do these settings affect this as well and would those be ok or should I consider different settings for still photos?

I was going to try to set for Aperture priority and at 4.5 (what I hear is the sweet spot).

Thanks!

Wow almost 40 views and not a word. Alrighty then. I guess I will just assume the camera settings are global to both video and still photos.

Thanks community!. :p

To be honest, I don't know. I set mine up and switch back and forth between video and stills and never checked it. I think it would as the WB setting stays as does my manual mode. Cheers.

So I've done a little research and found really good info to setup my camera settings for video to be

Sharpness -1
Contrast -3
Saturation -2

When I am shooting stills do these settings affect this as well and would those be ok or should I consider different settings for still photos?

I was going to try to set for Aperture priority and at 4.5 (what I hear is the sweet spot).

Thanks!
I thought 'sweet spot' was 5.6.

Same as on a DSLR. The styles carry over for JPG. They do no impact the DNG files. The DNG files carry an embedded lens profile that supposedly corrects for distortion, vignetting, and chromatic aberration for the average lens. YMMV.

Don Barar

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelFlyer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav