Do batteries used on Professional version work on Advance?

Reaction score
Like the post states. I'm curious about my extra batteries that i used on my phantom 3 professional working on and Advance version... is it possible?
Probably a dumb question but just have my doubts...
thanks in advance

Like the post states. I'm curious about my extra batteries that i used on my phantom 3 professional working on and Advance version... is it possible?
Probably a dumb question but just have my doubts...
thanks in advance
To use a previous posters words
RTFM (3).jpg

And yes you can

ok thanks... I was just worried about the updates that the battery gets when you update the firmware on your phantom... i though it affects some how the use with a different bird...

Get a life and chilax.
I am relaxed I just get tired of people being lazy and asking silly questions before they even read the manual I have no problem helping somebody that is confused or having issues if they have read the manual but to ask a basic question before you do even basic research is just plain stupid and lazy

Reactions: vegas-k9
I think the OP has a valid point here how does the battery know if its being plugged into a Pro or advanced and seeing as both have slightly different FW updates it could be seen as quite confusing.

The phantom advanced and pro are the exact same except for the camera and the the only difference between the 2 cameras is that the pro has a different chip and an extra fan.

I was just confused with the firmware aspect off it... if they get different updates I though the advance won't recognize the battery after it was used on a professional. I also understand that I should look at the manual, but I didn't have it with me... so I decided to ask...
Probably cause and just stupid and lazy...

Isn't the battery supposed to be intelligent? how does it know what its being plugged into?

oh i cant keep a str8 face
:rolleyes:

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I have to imagine that the battery firmware, if/when updated, would not be model specific.
This is true as I have both a professional and an advanced and I interchange the batteries all the time the advanced is running much different. Firmware than the professional and the batteries do not care what they are and it's all about voltage

That would have been nice to say the first time.

That would have been nice to say the first time.
as stated earlier seemed like a pretty lazy question :rolleyes:a short read of the manual would have solved the issue. They don't sell Phantom advanced battery and phantom pro battery right . In this world of instant gratification nobody takes the time to do a little research
Get so many people asking the same question that has been answered 50 times on the forum but they don't take 2 minutes to do a simple search before asking it again This is why we have 8000 threads instead of 400 would make a much nicer forum if I didn't have to search 20 pages to check out new stuff or topics and would make it much more new person friendly that way also;)

I was just confused with the firmware aspect off it... if they get different updates I though the advance won't recognize the battery after it was used on a professional. I also understand that I should look at the manual, but I didn't have it with me... so I decided to ask...
Probably cause and just stupid and lazy...
Then that is the question you should have asked rather than will the work in either

I see.

Many feel it is their duty to chastise those they feel are wasting forum time/space further contributing to such rather than just pass and move on.

So as not to appear hypocritical, I will now take some of my own advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic