DNG Color Issues

Reaction score
I am a very experienced photographer, but new to the DJI Phantom Vision 2.
I shoot almost all of my regular photography in the RAW format which allows for wide latitude in adjustments to include white balance.

I have found that when shooting in RAW (DNG) on the Phantom, I am unable to get accurate white balance adjustments when post-processing in Lightroom.

If I try to change it to anything other than "As Shot" I get a very green color shift that I am unable to recover.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kevin

No suggestions, but you are not alone with this issue. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I have to just make careful manual WB adjustments in post. Would love to know an answer.

kbnovak said:
I am a very experienced photographer, but new to the DJI Phantom Vision 2.
I shoot almost all of my regular photography in the RAW format which allows for wide latitude in adjustments to include white balance.

I have found that when shooting in RAW (DNG) on the Phantom, I am unable to get accurate white balance adjustments when post-processing in Lightroom.

If I try to change it to anything other than "As Shot" I get a very green color shift that I am unable to recover.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kevin

Same issue here, but unfortunately can't come up with an answer either... :cry:

-slinger

I too get odd white balances, I usually use a WB picker and choose a neutral road or white building adjusting till I get the desired look, being unable to do commercial work with it 100% colour integrity isn't critical to me.

This camera's "native" color balance appears to be quite a bit different from "normal" cameras. In particular, the Tint seems to be biased way toward Green - hence the need to shift it something like +150 or more toward Magenta. The built-in WB presets in Lightroom (Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, etc) all assume you have a "normal" camera, so they will all look far too green when used for this camera.

I don't know the technical reasons for this - whether it's a quirk of the sensor, the camera's image processing chip, or maybe the RAW/DNG conversion software. But it can easily be corrected by either using the "As Shot" setting, or using the eye-dropper to click on a neutral grey-white area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic