DNG Cleaner did not clean up my RAW photos

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I recently took some low light pictures with my P3A in RAW format and noticed a lot of artifacts (mainly white, but also some blue and red specks). I ran the pictures through the DJI DNG cleaner and it did not seem to help much.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and/or what do you do to clean up your RAW pictures?

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback.

Here is one of my shots, most of the artifacts are in the darker areas of the picture. This is after running it through the cleaner and having to save it as a .jpg to upload it.

1Coast (1).jpg

Thanks for the replies.

@mirrorimage your "magic" seems to have worked much better than DJI's. And the cleaned up edited picture looks great!

@stephenfilms I dont have anything professional, I use iPhoto or DaVinci Resolve (I know it's for video but I use it for pictures as well). I am very new to video and picture editing (and finishing my postdoc) so I can't justify (afford) spending a bunch of money of editing software. I have been trying to get by with free stuff.

There was a wreck on Golden Gate that delayed my arrival by an hour so it was really too dark to get any good pictures or video by the time I got there and set up.

Thanks for the replies.

@mirrorimage your "magic" seems to have worked much better than DJI's. And the cleaned up edited picture looks great!

@stephenfilms I dont have anything professional, I use iPhoto or DaVinci Resolve (I know it's for video but I use it for pictures as well). I am very new to video and picture editing (and finishing my postdoc) so I can't justify (afford) spending a bunch of money of editing software. I have been trying to get by with free stuff.
Actually, as a postdoc/student, you qualify for Adobe's $20/mo academic price for the full Adobe Cloud Suite which includes Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Flash, Acrobat, and half a dozen more! Those should get you started! For 60 cents a day, you can have the best! :cool: With the time you'll save, you'll have your postdoc completed in no time at all!

Reactions: jggraham

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31