DJIi Cares

DJI Care does not cover theft. You must have the drone in hand in order to get it repaired/replaced under DJI Care.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Check your homeowners insurance. A personal articles/property insurance clause should cover it, however, any claim on your insurance regardless how big or small, will impact future rates.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Does anyone know if DJI Cares also covers theft?
be careful of DJI and their repairs. I bought a brand new DJI Phantom 3 Advanced off the shelves at the electronic store. I just opened the box and removed the celophane. I always try this on companies that will repair things that they sell. I sent it in for repair, bran new from factory, they found 318 dollars worth of repair items.

WHY fool with DJI ANYTHING when you can get full coverage (everything!!) for $60.00 a year? State Farm covered my P4Pro V 2.0 with only an application and a statement that my drone would not be used fo commercial purposes. I had intended to sign up for it until I read all the limitations it listed and decided it was worthless, especially with DJI's reputation even with their warranty service! Afterall, they denied my claim when my P:hantom 4 suddenly flipped inverted and flew into the ground!! They said it was pilot error (just try to make it happen on your drone!) and also a rough landing!! I agree on the rough landing since it power dived from 200 feet upside down into the ground!! I argued with DJI for a month trying to get them to just explain how the inverted flight could have happened if the drone was functioning normal and tey would never answer my question. I made repeated calls and email questions to this and I always got transferred to someone else who knew nothing about my case. Finally I would be transferred to a deadend line or simply just disconnected. DJI customer service are liars and have no intent on getting your problem resolved since they do not intend to honor your warranty if there is any doubt it was "pilot error" or "hard landing"! Beware of DJI!!!!!

Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Last edited:
Why do you even fly their drones....if you dislike them so much.....what kind of drone will they replace your crashed beyond repair drone or lost at sea drone with....have you got it in the state farm drone policy agreement statement that it will be a good refurbished one :(?

II fly DJI drones because they are the best out there. I carefully researched my first Phantom 4 in October 2016 and knew all about their horrible customer service and warranty policies but I bought it anyway knowing this. I had not intended to send my Phantom 4 in for any reason but the upside down crash was so clearly a warranty problem being only 3 months old and there was no way a properly functioning P4 would flip inverted on its own! I submitted many statements and several videos of what would happen should one become inverted but they refused to even acknowledge they received anything from me. Strangest thing though was I could talk to one person, get his/her name and extension number but when I called back, that person and extension was not to be found!!! Then after about a month of this runaround, they started transferring me to an extension that only rang. No one ever answered. But even worse, after they found out it was me again and as soon as they got my case number, they disconnected effectively ending my quest for justice from this bunch of jerks. During this time, I begged them to tell me how my drone could have flipped and they never-never answered my question. I had to pay the repair bill to get my drone back but instead, after allowing me to watch the "progress" of repair and testing, they sent me a replacement. However, this replacement arrived with none of the four propeller retainer/lock springs on. They had been removed as evidenced by the screws that had been left loose. I called immediately and was called a liar first off. I had to submit a video of the drone with these parts missing. They probably cost a whopping 25 cents each but it took five weeks for them to send them to me, and then only after a moderator here got involved. So, I say again, never trust DJI for anything other than their drones! Their warranty and customer service are horrible, yet if I lose this current one, and still want to fly a drone, I'll buy another DJI product with full knowledge that they are not at all reliable and if I cannot repair any damage, I'll find an independent shop to fix it knowing my State Farm policy will cover the costs. DJI's pl;an, whatever it is called, won't touch that service.

When this Phantom finally hit a tree and broke the camera off clean, I promptly ordered a P4 PRO V 2.0 and will never submit it back to DJI for any reason. I realize it will be under 'warranty' until December of 2019 but I refuse to go through that with DJI's customer service again. If it crashes, or flies away, or goes under in my lake then State Farm will replace it. They do not replace it themselves and they probably know nothing about drones but they will send me a check for the replacement value. This, DJI will not do!!!

I realize some out there have had "great service" out of DJI but I didn't and will keep letting others know about my experience. They still have not notified me how the drone flipped over though one of the last "promises" they made was to submit it to someone who could tell me. That was 13 months ago so I am sure I'll never hear from them.

Good luck all that plan on using their warranty.

Jim
WA5TEF

Last edited:
II fly DJI drones because they are the best out there. I carefully researched my first Phantom 4 in October 2016 and knew all about their horrible customer service and warranty policies but I bought it anyway knowing this. I had not intended to send my Phantom 4 in for any reason but the upside down crash was so clearly a warranty problem being only 3 months old and there was no way a properly functioning P4 would flip inverted on its own! I submitted many statements and several videos of what would happen should one become inverted but they refused to even acknowledge they received anything from me. Strangest thing though was I could talk to one person, get his/her name and extension number but when I called back, that person and extension was not to be found!!! Then after about a month of this runaround, they started transferring me to an extension that only rang. No one ever answered. But even worse, after they found out it was me again and as soon as they got my case number, they disconnected effectively ending my quest for justice from this bunch of jerks. During this time, I begged them to tell me how my drone could have flipped and they never-never answered my question. I had to pay the repair bill to get my drone back but instead, after allowing me to watch the "progress" of repair and testing, they sent me a replacement. However, this replacement arrived with none of the four propeller retainer/lock springs on. They had been removed as evidenced by the screws that had been left loose. I called immediately and was called a liar first off. I had to submit a video of the drone with these parts missing. They probably cost a whopping 25 cents each but it took five weeks for them to send them to me, and then only after a moderator here got involved. So, I say again, never trust DJI for anything other than their drones! Their warranty and customer service are horrible, yet if I lose this current one, and still want to fly a drone, I'll buy another DJI product with full knowledge that they are not at all reliable and if I cannot repair any damage, I'll find an independent shop to fix it knowing my State Farm policy will cover the costs. DJI's pl;an, whatever it is called, won't touch that service.

When this Phantom finally hit a tree and broke the camera off clean, I promptly ordered a P4 PRO V 2.0 and will never submit it back to DJI for any reason. I realize it will be under 'warranty' until December of 2019 but I refuse to go through that with DJI's customer service again. If it crashes, or flies away, or goes under in my lake then State Farm will replace it. They do not replace it themselves and they probably know nothing about drones but they will send me a check for the replacement value. This, DJI will not do!!!

I realize some out there have had "great service" out of DJI but I didn't and will keep letting others know about my experience. They still have not notified me how the drone flipped over though one of the last "promises" they made was to submit it to someone who could tell me. That was 13 months ago so I am sure I'll never hear from them.

Good luck all that plan on using their warranty.

Jim
WA5TEF
This is probably the fourth or fifth time you have attempted to hi-jack a thread and go off on this "I hate DJI" tirade with same pathetic rant.

So, if anyone else feels the same. use the IGNORE button on WTF5 profile, and never see this rant again.

Bye!

And good luck with State Farm. Should you file a claim, they may pay out but not before your name goes into a huge data base used by all insurance companies to evaluate risk and ultimately rates they charge you. You are a fool to think you will not eventually pay for the claim in higher rates. Not only State Farm, but all insurance companies.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Sorry that you think the truth about DJI is a pathetic rant. Perhaps just one person will get this and avoid anything DJI except its drones, which in my opinion are the best!!!

Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4