DJI....where are you?

Reaction score
Short (?), and sweet......I see hundreds of important and "good to know" topics here in the Forum that involve just the P3.......

My question is - where in the hell is the manufacturer rep expert weighing in on some of these topics as we put them forward? I've not seen one where they've come in and answered, questioned or made note of a problem or suggestion.

How many of you think that DJI should engage a 24/7 tech rep to surf these countless topics and start providing answers or comments, or at the very least, a method of providing a platform outside of "amateur fix-it drone flyers"???? If I add up just the first 10 forum participants in the list tonight, that equates to approx USD13,000 in revenue for DJI. I believe that goes a long way to pay for a full time rep out of Shenzhen in these forums.

By the way, I'm an American owning a P2V+ and P3 and I live in China about 800 miles north of DJI's factory for the last 18 years.

Let me hear from you.

Most questions in this forum already do get answered. So, why should we expect DJI to come and answer them too? Also, why shouldn't people use the proper DJI support channels?

So your reply is - "no, there is no need for DJI to spend the money to sit on this forum full time"? And pardon me, who pray tell is answering those questions? Other people who have USD1300 to buy a drone? Sorry, don't get your reply.

"no, there is no need for DJI to spend the money to sit on this forum full time"
You got it. DJI has their own forum, email address, phone number, etc. They are not responsible for manning people in all known Phantom forums on the Internet.

who pray tell is answering those questions? Other people who have USD1300 to buy a drone?
You got it. How is that idea so foreign to you? You might find this hard to believe too, but there are many people on this forum who know a lot more about Phantoms than the average DJI support member.

They haven't got a clue about good customer service relations. The Gov't has no compassion towards human kindness and freedom (Communist country). And, most recently their economy is crumbling. If you buy from DJI don't expect any kind of customer service from them. They just don't care.
This is an interesting stereotype. Let's not forget that it's a stereotype though. And, there are many DJI employees in the US. Some of them even frequent this forum.

Your situation is unfortunate and nobody certainly wants to wait that long for a repair to be completed. It's the current norm though. It appears DJI is trying to hire additional technical staff to decrease that waiting period.

Boys, I think you missed my original thread. I'm suggesting.

And, I live here. I speak Chinese and have been on the phone with DJI Shenzhen about 10 times in the past year in real time to discuss this very topic. I know they have their own forum. My point is that we all don't sit on that forum and I can assure you that they make enough money to situate a few of their own people on numerous forums until such time as the "kinks" are worked out of their products which is clearly a current problem coming up over and over again.

Sorry to put forward such a ridiculous thought that a Chinese based corporation who makes more money than God put some people in the field to help generate confidence in a product not yet 10 years old.....

Reactions: imadago
I'd welcome any input from a DJI employee. DJI employees Tahoe, Blade, and some others are quite helpful around here when they have the time. I don't think they are officially assigned to this website, but I appreciate their input.

If DJI decided to get officially into this game, I'd be sitting front row. However, as @msinger states there are lots of folks that post frequently that have great information here and I appreciate that more than anything.

DJI must give me special treatment then. I've chatted with support via live chat and email a handful of times. All experiences were pretty pleasant.

DJI must give me special treatment then. I've chatted with support via live chat and email a handful of times. All experiences were pretty pleasant.
How about you help me with my issue? Lets see what your business is capable of. If its good I'll post it on all the forums. If its bad I'll post it on all the forums. You are called phantomhelp.com. OK, help me out. I noticed on your website, of all the lists you have for help, there is no category for customer support.

Last edited:
Reactions: III% Streve
Here you go:
http://www.dji.com/support

That was an easy one ;)
No, You are kidding me right? The top phone number on the list is not and has not been taking calls for weeks. I have submitted emails to them for two weeks and no answer to them either. How about you call on my behalf and see if you can get through? I called 3 times yesterday. All they say is call back later. Try it. See if I'm not being truthful. And everyone else on the list can't help me because DJI in L.A. is holding my P3 hostage. I am traveling to L.A. tomorrow. I will see if they let customers in to their location.

msinger - where in my thread did I say that I didn't have a "pleasant experience" dealing with DJI? Stop your redirect and go backwards to my original thread. I asked the question "where was DJI"?

I'm merely putting forward a thought that suggests that DJI could play a larger part in this major forum as I rarely see them here in review of past threads.

Unclejas - "DJI employees Tahoe, Blade, and some others are quite helpful around here when they have the time".

No doubt. And I surely hope that Blade, "has the time" the next TIME that you have a flyaway....God forbid.

I'm not saying DJI owes us anything post sale. I'm saying that I don't see enough of them for my liking. That's all. Thread over.

Reactions: imadago
No, You are kidding me right? The top phone number on the list is not and has not been taking calls for weeks. I have submitted emails to them for two weeks and no answer to them either. How about you call on my behalf and see if you can get through? I called 3 times yesterday. All they say is call back later. Try it. See if I'm not being truthful. And everyone else on the list can't help me because DJI in L.A. is holding my P3 hostage. I am traveling to L.A. tomorrow. I will see if they let customers in to their location.
Not likely. It looks to me that you got off pretty easy! MANY people have had to pay a LOT more for their crashes! I've been pretty fortunate so far. Especially considering the FW I fly! But I have NEVER had an issue getting an answer to any question. It just took my putting forth the effort on my part. BUT.. Im not part of the current generation that demands everything.. the world owes me no more that I earn.

If you are looking for a forum to solve your problems with the aid if a DJI tech, you are misguided. Most employees of a company will help you directly over the phone or written communication that is personalized to your situation. This is true with many US companies that serve their customers. Wanting or expecting people to be on DJI payroll and come to this forum to solve problems is not going to happen. Pick up the phone...yes, I know, the service sucks. ...and theirs long wait times on the phones, but it's all your going to get for personalized attention.

Reactions: Fplvert
Not likely. It looks to me that you got off pretty easy! MANY people have had to pay a LOT more for their crashes! I've been pretty fortunate so far. Especially considering the FW I fly! But I have NEVER had an issue getting an answer to any question. It just took my putting forth the effort on my part. BUT.. Im not part of the current generation that demands everything.. the world owes me no more that I earn.
My bird never crashed. DJI has it and as you know all my flights were recorded. It never crashed. It wouldn't fly correctly post 1.2.6 FW. I sent it in before it crashed. It was just a matter of time had I kept flying it. I couldn't control its flight like I could pre update. I'm not the only one with this problem. There are lots of us. And I already know its a small percentage of the total. But, what does that have to do with DJI's lack of response to me?

If you are looking for a forum to solve your problems with the aid if a DJI tech, you are misguided. Most employees of a company will help you directly over the phone or written communication that is personalized to your situation. This is true with many US companies that serve their customers. Wanting or expecting people to be on DJI payroll and come to this forum to solve problems is not going to happen. Pick up the phone...yes, I know, the service sucks. ...and theirs long wait times on the phones, but it's all your going to get for personalized attention.
You know, I'm perfectly ready for them to just lose my P3 and all my complaints. I have a file full of the correspondence between myself and DJI. It has now become a matter of American principle for me. I'll not give up. You can count on that. They can keep my drone. It sucks anyway. It didn't work the last time I had it.

Reactions: hot dog
But, what does that have to do with DJI's lack of response to me?
Considering how easy it is for me to communicate with them.. I would have to imagine it has something to do with either the mode of communication you choose, or the tone you take while in the process. But YOU have a totally different case than the one in the OP. As such, its hardly respectable to try to make his thread about your situation

You know, I'm perfectly ready for them to just lose my P3 and all my complaints. I have a file full of the correspondence between myself and DJI. It has now become a matter of American principle for me. I'll not give up. You can count on that. They can keep my drone. It sucks anyway. It didn't work the last time I had it.
your in the same boat with a lot of people. Think seriously before buying again. I know I will.

I'd welcome any input from a DJI employee. DJI employees Tahoe, Blade, and some others are quite helpful around here when they have the time.

"DJI employees Tahoe, Blade, and some others are quite helpful around here when they have the time".

I don't think you can any longer rely upon the positive and helpful input from these two GREAT members. Should you wonder why I would suggest you direct your questions to either MAL or ianwood (staff Member, Moderator). Both were involved in the thread that ended Blade's participation on this site and I would not be at all surprised if Tahoe does the same.

Personally I will miss them greatly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers