DJI Warranty (Warning)

Reaction score
I bought my Phantom 4 on the release date and had a problem with the Gimbal. I took it back to apple and they verified this and exchanged it. This was the end of March. My new Phantom had the horizon issue so I opened a ticket and the sent me a RMA for return. 2 weeks later i get it back and they charge my DJI care account 182.00. I sent them an email asking why this was not covered under warranty. The reply was:

"Thank you for contacting DJI NORTH AMERICA, according to your RMA xxxxxx the reason why the DJI Care Account was charged is because there was actual damage to the aircraft which otherwise would not have been warranted repairs."

This is absolutely ridiculous! I have a total of 3 short flight with this phantom 4 totaling 7 minutes. I asked them to tell me where the damage was. The bird is 100% pristine. WOW!

Unreal! I have an idea. Why don't you make a product that does not have to be returned or sent back. Then if it does need to be sent back, don't penalize the customer for your lack of quality control. Im pissed.

Unreal! I have an idea. Why don't you make a product that does not have to be returned or sent back. Then if it does need to be sent back, don't penalize the customer for your lack of quality control. Im pissed.

I'd be willing to bet that the quality of repair work received can and will vary with the 'technician' that it is assigned to also. He could have gotten another person and it could have been resolved differently. They need consistency in their repair departments for sure.

Reactions: lb650
why didn't you just go exchange it at apple again, you were likely out of your return period but I am sure if you talked to a manager you could have worked it out.

I should have. Since I already did this once and I was past my return period I figured I would send it in under warranty. I guess dealing with DJI one needs to get creative and work the system.

So I just got home to test out the repair. Now the gimbal won't work at all! I could not be more upset!

p

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile ap

Last edited:
Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
I'm sure it will be because of damage again right? Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's insane...sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would suspect the power ribbon was not connected securely since there is no movement at all.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

wow that sucks! You can get DJI to take care of this but it is unfortunate that you have to jump through hoops with a new P4.

I would be livid. Maybe you can persuade the Apple Store to take it back. Show them your flight log of only minutes of flight the first time and now the gimbal hosed.

I'd be willing to bet that the quality of repair work received can and will vary with the 'technician' that it is assigned to also. He could have gotten another person and it could have been resolved differently.

They need consistency in their repair departments for sure.
Yeah but big deal, that's true for anywhere, I'm 100% certain it doesn't make the OP fell any better u know? And not that I don't agree but would add they need consistency and be more agreeable and favor the customer not flat out lie, maybe I am a softie growing older, but I think the OP is telling the truth and its pristine condition, that's such a scumbag thing to do, I never heard about this with anyone.

I would be livid. Maybe you can persuade the Apple Store to take it back. Show them your flight log of only minutes of flight the first time and now the gimbal hosed.
It's the $180 not the bird, and apple
Shouldn't because not their fault, but maybe they will, apples good about that, Best Buy has been super cool to me also thru the years, actually I've never had a problem with my apple stuff Except once with a slow screen on an iPhone they fixed in five minutes. Funny thing is, I always buy apple stuff at Best Buy because I'm always an elite now elite plus, and apple stuff new is a set price so if you catch a sale, and 45 days to return it nice.

It's the $180 not the bird, and apple
Shouldn't because not their fault, but maybe they will, apples good about that, Best Buy has been super cool to me also thru the years, actually I've never had a problem with my apple stuff Except once with a slow screen on an iPhone they fixed in five minutes. Funny thing is, I always buy apple stuff at Best Buy because I'm always an elite now elite plus, and apple stuff new is a set price so if you catch a sale, and 45 days to return it nice.

I'm thinking that Apple won't be eating the cost of the replacement but the $180 is unfortunate. Can you hit your credit card for the charge?

I replaced my first P4 at the Apple Store and they were great about it. I ended up getting my new MacBook and Apple Watch at BB as well. Saved a few hundred that way.

DJI will not honour warranties when you purchase products from non authorised dealers/distributers - even if the product is proved to be faulty. You can only rely on the dealer/distributor's warranty polices.

In Australia the ACCC website explains the problem here and this DOES apply to DJI products (as I have found out!) :-

Buying parallel imports

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20