DJI VISION iOS app update

Reaction score
Anyone tried the DJI VISION iOS app update?
Anyone understand what DJI is trying to describe the update is for?
The update has the same rev. number as the previous update some time ago.
73b525096b9853ed3d0c02b2a607147b.jpg

894249f723134f8b4e4c23c6d1ff8672.jpg

I just saw it last nite and having to recharge mine to see just what has been done . But am going to . It has been awhile since I have seen anything from them on the Vision .

Reactions: David Bruce Kerr
Presumably the upgrade is intended to fix a connectivity problem. My P2V has been on the shelf since last March because of connectivity problems, so like dirkclod, I'm recharging now in the hope that the upgrade is the fix I need to get my P2V in the air again.

Reactions: dirkclod
Just flied two days ago before the update came out. No issues. By the way it was my first flight after having my defective Wi-Fi module re-flashed.

I thought it may fix the black screen issue that affected the Vision quad but I tested it last night on a vision and it's made no difference, I tried an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad as part of the testing.

Reactions: dirkclod
Presumably the upgrade is intended to fix a connectivity problem. My P2V has been on the shelf since last March because of connectivity problems, so like dirkclod, I'm recharging now in the hope that the upgrade is the fix I need to get my P2V in the air again.

Two days later. After charging up everything, I tried every trick I knew and still could not acquire a connection, so I conclude this "emergency upgrade" didn't fix my P2V's problem. Incidentally, I sent it in for repair back in March and was told a hardware component had failed in the P2V and that it would cost $300 to fix. Evidently the repair shop was correct, so the P2V goes back on the shelf. Pity. It doesn't have the geofencing that prohibits my P3P's motors from even starting within a mile of our local Class C airport.

Last edited:
What kind of connectivity problem? Black screen?

Yes, black screen, and the message to the effect that Connectivity with the Phantom was lost. At one time a year ago when I was having intermittent black screen problems, I regained the camera image by unplugging and replugging the cable into the camera. That didn't work this time even after DJI's latest upgrade.

I don't understand the need for this update. It's exactly the same iOS version that I've had since 2016: 1.0.60 (2068). Since I'm not having any problems with my Phantom 2 Vision+ I see no need to update, but now I'm going to be annoyed seeing it on the list of updates since my habit is to click Update All.

Even the date for the update is: 6 Jul 2016. Weird!

Thank you, Mark. I hope the problem is the RE, because I worried enough about that a couple years ago that I bought a new one for $35 when they were readily available. I never got around to installing it. If it is the component inside the AC, then the repair shop will have been correct. Its $300 estimate to fix it was contingent on being able to find the part on the market somewhere.

Thank you, Mark. I hope the problem is the RE, because I worried enough about that a couple years ago that I bought a new one for $35 when they were readily available. I never got around to installing it. If it is the component inside the AC, then the repair shop will have been correct. Its $300 estimate to fix it was contingent on being able to find the part on the market somewhere.

do you have the standard Vision or the Vision plus,?

The vision plus wifi issue is fixable with some luck using the guide below but the Vision isnt due to a board failure and no way to flash it

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Blank Screen Corrupt NAND fix

You can still find WIFI modules on ebay with a bit of searching

Reactions: David Bruce Kerr
You used to be able to get Vision cameras for around $100 but last time I looked I couldn't find any. Vision cameras have the transmitter inside the egg. It's not terribly common for that to burn out though. Vision parts are definitely drying up.

I just looked and there are several FC200s available which surprises me. People must be cannibalizing their Visions for Christmas money haha

You used to be able to get Vision cameras for around $100 but last time I looked I couldn't find any. Vision cameras have the transmitter inside the egg. It's not terribly common for that to burn out though. Vision parts are definitely drying up.

I just looked and there are several FC200s available which surprises me. People must be cannibalizing their Visions for Christmas money haha
I've sold 3 from scrap drones, along with the range extender I was getting £200 each, seems some people will pay to keep them working

That would include me. I have parts I keep on hand (e.g. FC200) in anticipation of parts becoming scarce. A month or so ago somebody needed a gimbal (servo) motor for the Vision, a very simple part, but I could not find one anywhere for him. It surprised me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1