DJI Vision camera controller, Phantom 2+

Reaction score
The DJI Vision app on my iPad (version 1.0.42) only allows me to tilt the camera on my Phantom 2+ up and down; there is no control to pan. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

The video feed will often not make a successful connection, no matter what I reboot, rebind, and reset; it simply indicates "USB Connecting..." I have control of the camera's position, but cannot see what the camera is seeing, not can I snap a photo or start/stop video. Any suggestions on this is appreciated.

Now that I think about my observations a bit more, I may be realizing that the "USB Connecting..." message may actually be a message from the camera; it may actually be the video feed. Maybe the problem is with the micro-SD.

EdwinPJr said:
The DJI Vision app on my iPad (version 1.0.42) only allows me to tilt the camera on my Phantom 2+ up and down; there is no control to pan. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

The video feed will often not make a successful connection, no matter what I reboot, rebind, and reset; it simply indicates "USB Connecting..." I have control of the camera's position, but cannot see what the camera is seeing, not can I snap a photo or start/stop video. Any suggestions on this is appreciated.

that is correct on the tilt only. the pan part of the gimble is just used for yaw dampening to make it less jerky. if you think about it any proper pan function would require a retractable UC so it didn't keep apperaing in shot.

EdwinPJr said:
The pan control is the left stick on the transmitter. ;)

If I press and hold the micro-USB, the video feed changes to an actual video feed. The SD card is clearly not seating properly.

That makes two major flaws with this unit right out of the box. I just received it on Friday and cannot fly due to a bad motor or controller. Now I cannot get familiar with the camera operations either while I await resolution on the motor problem. Have I made a mistake by deciding to purchase one of these units?

Thanks for the feedback on the pan question.

EdwinPJr said:
The DJI Vision app on my iPad (version 1.0.42) only allows me to tilt the camera on my Phantom 2+ up and down; there is no control to pan. Is this correct, or am I missing something?............

In aeronautics, pan is called yaw. It's the left stick on your controller.... move it left or right.

If the camera were to pan in relationship to the bird, you'd end up imaging the landing gear.

EdwinPJr said:
.....Have I made a mistake by deciding to purchase one of these units?......
Not really. With anything manufactured there is going to be bad units. That is just mass production. When you have sloppy production (DJI) it can/does happen more often.
Sorry you have a bad one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic