DJI Vision App removed from iTunes

Reaction score
Just tried to revert my DJI Vision app to try and fix my camera connection issues and noticed the DJI Vision App is NO LONGER available on iTunes.

I want to believe this is a good thing because DJI is recognizing the app update they pushed out was bricking our Phantom 2 Vision's. I'm just guessing that is why it's down but it better be.

Now the question is, are they going to be fixing it and putting a new version up? If they don't fix my P2V that they broke, I'm out of the DJI franchise forever. I can be patient to wait for the fix, but they better fix it.

My 2 cents...

I noticed the same thing right after their update broke my P2V... ugh... I am able to talk to both the extender and camera. I think the extender is working but the camera settings got jacked up. My first hint was that now my camera was broadcasting an SSID when it used to be hidden plus it was broadcasting as Phantom_XXXXXX instead of FC200_XXXXXX... I was able to change that thinking that was preventing the extender from pairing but the app still doesn't work... I know there are smart enough people on this site to figure it out. I am looking for someone who has a working unit to post the normal configuration and services running for the camera to hopefully find a solution...

Is there an alternative app by a third party that works with the Vison 2+ and the Iphone, even paid for!!
Thanks
Tony in London

Response from DJI about why the Vision App was removed. I believe he is saying 45 days they expect it to be down. Oh well.

"It is temporarily removed from App store because of some connecting bugs. We will put it back about 1 and a half months later.

We apologize for the inconvenience it may cause to you.

Regards

Andrew"

Response from DJI about why the Vision App was removed. I believe he is saying 45 days they expect it to be down. Oh well.

"It is temporarily removed from App store because of some connecting bugs. We will put it back about 1 and a half months later.

Regards

Andrew"
They apologize? How sweet. That makes it ok. It's summer time in the US and they are telling us that we broke your drone and won't fix it until after the best flying season is over. I am NOT a happy customer. This is the second time in my experience that they have done this.

They apologize? How sweet. That makes it ok. It's summer time in the US and they are telling us that we broke your drone and won't fix it until after the best flying season is over. I am NOT a happy customer. This is the second time in my experience that they have done this.

You are assuming that the app will fix our drones once it's back up. A lot of people are saying that their hardware is done because of the app. I'm hoping that is not the case with me. If the app does fix my drone then better late than never. Otherwise I am not sure how they plan to make restitution.

You are assuming that the app will fix our drones once it's back up. A lot of people are saying that their hardware is done because of the app. I'm hoping that is not the case with me. If the app does fix my drone then better late than never. Otherwise I am not sure how they plan to make restitution.
I have seen similar comments and wonder if either my camera or range extender is toasted. I know my camera works manually and I know that the range extender will connect to the phone/app after being reset, but just can't connect the camera and phone/app together.

I have verified that my range extender and camera are working and on the same network. I can log into one via telnet or ssh and then ping or login to the other. Obviously something isn't right because I can't get video or telemetry. I think somehow the permissions or processes running on the camera got messed up.

It is sad that so many new people have joined this forum because of the problems caused by DJI. If they don't come up with a solution I wonder how many of us it would take to start a class action lawsuit....

Good evening,
I have been following this thread for the past few days,
I have a phantom 2 vision plus for the past 2 years, wonderful quadcopter, I had it in storage for the past 2 month, the other day, I tested it 1 day before a camping weekend worked 100% no issues, second day, I connected to the quadcopter I could not get any live feed just a black screen, even though telemetry and the ability to start and stop recording video, later that day I tried it again and worked with live view for the whole afternoon and so the 3rd day,

3 weeks later I took the quadcopter out I could not get any live view even though everything was functioning properly including telemetry so I checked online and contacted dji they advised that it was the wifi module, so I took a risk and replaced the wifi module myself , and it works correctly now ,

I have no idea why all of these wifi modules all over the world stopped working in the same period of time, but I am grateful it worked out for me,

The steps below might be obvious to some people , but I had to figure them out myself reading multiple threads and manuals,

Please note after installing the new wifi module,

0- Take note of the number on the new wifi module xx-xx-xx-xx etc
1- reset wifi extender on remote control using the small button
2- connect to wifi extender and open the app then press bind in setting ( on android device for now , because app was removed from appstore)
3- scann sqr code (bar code type of sticker) on the bottom of the quadcopter
4- Do Not press next, you have to change the MAC address that you have scanned to the xx-xx-xx-xx etc number that you have already noted on step 0
Press next

Good luck :)

Reactions: darkstar

Regards

Andrew"

45 days... Yeah. That's not an inconvenience... It's an outrage. This is my last DJI product. I'm going over to a company that actually has tech support and hopefully a conscience...

-slinger

Thankfully I've never used the DJI CRAPP so have never been asked to update my RE

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well they updated the app today so it is back at the iTunes store... It didn't fix the problem it created... At least not for me. Lucky I have another camera to fly with

Reactions: Robert Bradley
Well they updated the app today so it is back at the iTunes store... It didn't fix the problem it created... At least not for me. Lucky I have another camera to fly with

I can confirm the update changed absolutely nothing for me. Can someone confirm they are still working on the issue?

Reactions: Robert Bradley
This fixed nothing.........I was just on the phone with them and they told me I would need to send it in for a warranty repair and I would be responsible for payment. Can someone else tell me exactly the symptoms they are having. Mine goes like this.

1. Reset Wireless extender and successfully connect to my Phantom Extender
  2. Rebind aircraft successfully using QR code
  3. Wireless connection drops with in 60 sec putting me right back to where I started

This fixed nothing.........I was just on the phone with them and they told me I would need to send it in for a warranty repair and I would be responsible for payment. Can someone else tell me exactly the symptoms they are having. Mine goes like this.

1. Reset Wireless extender and successfully connect to my Phantom Extender
  2. Rebind aircraft successfully using QR code
  3. Wireless connection drops with in 60 sec putting me right back to where I started
Exactly the same for me. Exactly. I can actually see the phantom wireless network after rebinding for 60 seconds and then it's gone forever...

Same here. Was working fine then app asked to update extender which I unwittingly did. Now no video/telemetry. Same symptoms as Robert Bradley. My phantom is surely out of warranty... I'm not paying DJI to fix whatever they broke with that update. Very frustrating!!

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try... Master Yoda

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31