DJI Vision App, Feature requests

Reaction score
On the off chance that anyone at DJI reads these forums, or anyone knows anyone there in app development.
Or just to toss out the ideas in case some aspiring hackers want to try to replicate these possible new features.

1.) Audible alarm and/or screen flash when satellite lock is lost after takeoff. It'd be nice to get a warning when you thought you were in GPS mode but you're dropped into ATTI mode because you lost satellites.
(^Got this idea from someone else in another thread)
2.) Data Logging. Log flight data, Time, GPS, Battery, etc.. Or at least note maximum values for Altitude, Speed and Distance during a flight.
3.) Option to re-set home location to current phone GPS location. If you move around while flying like I do, it would be nice if you could use home lock from your new location.
4.) Ability to save Ground Station flight plans (from user RPA)

Seems to me these features would be easy to implement in the app. Maybe they are already planning some of them.

Any other suggestions?

4. Change that damm colors (leds) to something us color blind can see!!!!!! The red/yellow/green thing just sucks for us...

^3 I thought I read someplace that could be done... Maybe I read wrong?

#3. Home location is done through the controller, not the wifi app.

sidebox said:
#3. Home location is done through the controller, not the wifi app.
I know that. But I suspect it may be possible in software to update the location information over the WiFi data link. Or maybe not.
The wifi unit is getting data from the flight controller and it appears to be bi directional since the gimbal is controlled by the flight controller. So I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to update the home location.
Of course that would require the flight controller program to be able to accept a new home location from the serial data link so a firmware update would be needed also, not just an update to the app.

Ability to take photos without losing continuous streaming (Snap (pauses picture), wait, get vision back).
Ability to take photos while recording video.
Ability to have ft / meters / km combo. Feet for height but I want kmph for speed and meters for distance.

Ability to see what leds are flashing on the screen. Hard to see once you get a few hundred feet out.

SpikeFinch said:
4. Change that damm colors (leds) to something us color blind can see!!!!!! The red/yellow/green thing just sucks for us...

What if the different colors were in different locations? Like a traffic light.
Red at the upper end of the arm, yellow in the middle, Green at the lower end.
Would that work for you? Might be hard to see the difference at a distance though.

Can't you get from the app screen any information that the lights might be displaying? GPS lock, battery level?

cahutch said:
SpikeFinch said:

Red at the upper end of the arm, yellow in the middle, Green at the lower end.
Would that work for you? Might be hard to see the difference at a distance though.

Can't you get from the app screen any information that the lights might be displaying? GPS lock, battery level?

no noisy alarm for loss of GPS, but the how many satellites icon goes from blue to greyed out when you don't have enough for GPS lock, not easy to notice in sunlight though.

locoworks said:
no noisy alarm for loss of GPS, but the how many satellites icon goes from blue to greyed out when you don't have enough for GPS lock, not easy to notice in sunlight though.
Yes.
And for my part, I usually fly by watching the phantom, not the screen.

I'm a little near sighted with an astigmatism so I don't see things clearly at any range without glasses. To top it off I'm old enough for Presbyopia so I really can't see things close up either.

I have sunglasses that are prescription so that I can see things at a distance, and I have reading glasses so that I can see things close up.
What I don't have, and I need, are bifocals.
So for now if I want to see the phantom in the sky I need my prescription sunglasses, with which I cannot see the screen on my iPhone.
If I switch to my reading glasses to see the phone, .. well, you know.

Need to make an appointment to get some BiFocal or progressive sunglasses. ;)

Allow users to set the geofence limit for Vision GS. Perhaps use the same limits set in the assistant PC app.
Allow users to set the default RTH altitude. I know where I am many trees are higher than 60 feet.
Ability to turn off front lights for night flights.
Logging
Yaw control while flying waypoints in Vision GS
Camera tilt available back on controller

Allow users to set the default RTH altitude. I know where I am many trees are higher than 60 feet.

Me likes this one... That could have saved me $800 the other day.

Yes, that would work for close up
I am about to tape off 90% of the lights as they are very bright. Maybe...

1. Be able to pause the mission, rotate and take pictures or video.
2. Be able to select the area you want to video as it flies ( to the right or left of the path etc.)
3. Be able to save and select saved missions.
4. Have an auto routine. Press a button and it selects the wifi for the phantom, confirms gps lock, confirms battery life for the mission, verbalizes the takeoff. Flies the mission and lands.

The ability to select a point of interest and fly around that nose in (Home lock with nose lock).
The ability to select a point of interest and fly straight past it nose in (Course lock with nose lock).
Smooth tilt in the app, or better still, the ability to use the 7th channel lever.
Saving waypoints.
The ability to yaw as well as tilt when flying waypoints.
The option to 'cut corners' in waypoints similar to ground station (ie no stopping for a wee think before setting off again)
The ability to set the speed in waypoints
Ability to set return to home height manually.
The ability to adjust the gimbal angles via software
The ability to slow down the yaw action on the sticks for ham fisted guys like me.

And on the hardware front...
The ability to see the lights from above the craft (hard to see underneath sometimes in bright sunlight)

First off, I'm wondering if anybody from DJI (preferably someone who can make things happen) is reading this thread. Second, I'm wondering if they are, how likely it is that we will see ANY of these requests happen.

My request is to be able to enter GPS locations manually for waypoints.

I would also like to be able to see the land parcel boundaries just as you can on Google maps. I would like to be able to accurately fly over my property lines (heavily wooded) without having to guess where the waypoints are in the satellite view on Google maps. If the property boundaries would show up it would be a piece of cake.

Follow me mode. The Phantom will follow the controller or the GPS location of the vision app at a user imputed height and distance. The camera would always be positioned directly at the location of the subject.

cahutch said:
1.) Audible alarm and/or screen flash when satellite lock is lost after takeoff. It'd be nice to get a warning when you thought you were in GPS mode but you're dropped into ATTI mode because you lost satellites.

What a SUPERB idea, and easy to implement. I second this easy to implement one. Maybe ilovecoffee could implement this in his version ?

I would like a signal strength meter so that I can better point the remote to the bird when it is far away.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik