DJI Vision and Ground Station Newbe Help

Reaction score
Morning all

OK did my first test with the PV2 and ground station last night over a very small area and at low level, all went well and i feel more confident to use this kind of flying now i know what to do.

I did notice that the transition once it reached way-point one was a stop hover spin and fly to waypoint 2, not quite sure what i was expecting but i did wonder if it would have done a slow smooth turn and then on to point 2 but no.

My question is can i do anything else except stop and spin when i move to the next waypoint with the standard DJI Vision/Ground Station android app, if not is there something better i can use that gives me more flexibility around the flight in general and especially the transitions from one way-point to another.

If i forget (like i did last night) to start the camera or want to take pictures in flight can i swipe back to the FPV live view without affecting the flight of the drone as i cant see on the map anything to click to start the video or take picutres.

Do i have to take control of the drone on its return to land or can i plan that into the way-points ?

Cheers

Gavin

The DJI app will stop at way point then turn to the direction of the next. Their is a 3rd party app that five you more control its the litchi app. You can select where to stop and turm a and pick how long you want to stay at that way point or you can select for a smooth turn so it curves into the next way point. It also takes away the maximum flight distance parameters. So you need to be aware of how far you are flying and to allow enough return time. Check it out at www.flylitchi.com
With waypoint flying she will return to where you have home lock and will land automatically also. From start to finish its automatic.

Last edited:
And how does the follow me work is it following something visual or is it following the signal from the controller ?

Keep in mind that the SDK from DJI has a bug in it that may cause the P2 to turn toward the new way point, turn back and then turn to the new way point before flying to the new way point. If this happens, it will happen when the turn is more then 90 degrees.

Some 3rd party apps do as mentioned above but can also allow for no stop and a banked turn. I've use Ken's Ultimate Flight app but it's for Android only. It does GS very well.

Follow me mode works by treating the controller as a way point and having the drone fly to it's location every few seconds. So it simply follows the controller as a way point. For this I like Brad's DJI Phantom Flight FollowOrbit (again, Android). Brad's app also

I'm not sure if these features are possible on the V2. You might want to email these dev and ask.

I have not used Litchi's app but it looks good and seems to be the best 3rd party app right now. Again, I can't say that things like Follow Me or POI work with the non plus versions. The thing I don't like about Litchi is, as I understand is, several of these features are only available as in-app purchases. The description of the app indicates that they are all included. However, the app is well done, very slick, and updated.

Personally, I think the best app out there right now is Taco's Vision Pilot app. it's clean, slick and does circle POI very well (but I've not been able to get it's Follow Me mode to work very well). But again, about the only app I've not used is Litchi's... and people seem to like it.

I can't recall if you can start and stop recording while in GS mode. I kind of think you can't. This was also a glitch in the SDK that was "fixed" so my memory is not clear in this area.

I have posted a view video's on these apps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenargo.djiultimateflight2&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sion&hl=enid=ca.beyondthecube.DjiVision&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aryuthere.visionplus&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fotogearhk.visionpilot&hl=en

I believe the litchi app is for the v2+ and not the v2 check www.flylitchi.com to be sure.

I believe the litchi app is for the v2+ and not the v2 check www.flylitchi.com to be sure.

I posted on the Litchi groups and got this reply .....

Hi,

Yes everything also works on P2V. Only thing is that the RE battery will show N/A because the P2V's range extender does not report its power level (hardware limitation)."

Good, thanks for the updated info.

And how does the follow me work is it following something visual or is it following the signal from the controller ?
Our current follow me implementation uses gps signals. No computer vision. It does not use waypoints though, the app continuously sends commands to the phantom to update its position.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers