Dji vision 2 plus wifi prob

Reaction score
Hi all

I am very new to quadcopters so I really need a little adavice please.

anyway I have brought a dji vision 2 plus off eBay which I know when I brought once had a problem with the wifi module which did not work but went to dji for repair and I have all the documents to show this as well.

so the bloke I brought from said it was all good now but I went out for my first flight on Wednesday and come across a problem which is.

it looses wifi signal after about 8 meters on my Samsung galaxy s6, I did speak to the bloke it came from and said it only tested near him just to make sure it all worked but not far away which he regrets now.

if it helps the video still records when signal is lost.

sending back is not a problem he is more than happy and has said sorry but if anyone knows of anything I can do to sort this out before sending back that would be great.

i have tried rebinding and the problem is still there.

i have tried to see if it needed updates doing but it's all updated already.

i have tried putting my phone onto airplane mode with wifi active still the same.

thanks glenn

I find it hard to believe he didnt test it beyond 8 mtrs to be honest ... he gets it back and only flies it less than 26 feet away??? ... However - i think there was a Samsung update that disabled video with an app also ... but if your getting video out to 8 mtrs it doesnt sound like thats whats wrong.

Hit the "Return to Sender" button lol

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe he didnt test it beyond 8 mtrs to be honest ... however - i think there was a Samsung update that disabled video with an app also ... but if your getting video out to 8 mtrs it doesnt sound like thats whats wrong.

Hi cobs

Thank s for replying.

Yep I agree and so does he which he should have field tested it, but now I have to send back.

It's between about 8 to 10 metres then it disconnects but works perfect near me.

I have been looking to see what I can do but I have tried everything.

Hi Glenn, sounds like its WiFi antenna isnt connected to me - perhaps he has been trying to modify it and messed it up, there are mods you can do for better antennas for better range, could be worth looking in there but if you open it he may not accept it back

Hi Glenn, sounds like its WiFi antenna isnt connected to me - perhaps he has been trying to modify it and messed it up, there are mods you can do for better antennas for better range, could be worth looking in there but if you open it he may not accept it back
Yep fully agree I have had a few quads but wanted somthing easy well that was the plan anyway lol.

I def think it is somthing like that as well due to connecting a signal for a bit if it was the module it would not work at all I don't think.

It did come a long way I'm in the uk he is in sloviana
That's why it is hassle it was eBay so not worried about getting a refund.
Just it's like new and would like to just sort it myself.

If I open it as you said he will prob say it's my fault then.

The only think I see when it turned up was the battery would not go on the dji and I see a little board in the battery compartment was not in its slot which I manage to put it back in I'm not sure if something come loose when trying to fit the battery in.

I just bought a P2V+ myself off Ebay a week ago, tested it and perfect (also has antenna mods already done), only managed one flight so far as wind and rain has been murder lol.
Good luck with yours mate.

Def don't think it's finding the Dji WiFi instead on the extension box due to being able to connect in without the Dji on just the extention box

I def think it's a prob with the module dji had fitted myself or one of the 2 boards with the airal attached

Theres some vids on YouTube probably worth looking at that might help.
Yea been looking at the vids for a few days now but not really helped

But thanks anyway everyone as I'm new here I have decided it's going back to the bloke and I will look for another one.

I just tried a iPhone on it as well just to make sure it's not my Samsung and the same thing.

Oh well gutted to be honest back to looking again.

Thanks all again Glenn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues