DJI Vision 2 Plus Stuck 75' up a Tree

Reaction score
Remember to reset your RTH altitude when you fly in new area.
I've been flying for 2 months in several states with no issues. When to a local Widelife Park and guess what happened.
Sorry the FPV video was lost due to the crash. This is more about how we got it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W6lxDo ... e=youtu.be

Learn from my mistake. I know I have.
Luckily only things that broke were the props & prop guards. I have replaced them today and will be ordering a gimbal guard to safeguard the camera as well.

Flew great today. DJI does make a healthy drone.

I think you were lucky that the aggressive recovery technique didn't do any more damage.

Apart from trying it out a couple of times I tend to fly mine home rather than use failsafe. Not sure what the general view is though.

You are right. But I was using a new range booster and it flew out of eye site. I was going to take over the controls once I saw it. I never flew where there was anything higher than 50 feet. Oh well.

landmannnn said:
I think you were lucky that the aggressive recovery technique didn't do any more damage.

Exactly & Hope it fires up with no errors. I would of tried to catch it or by having 3 friends with a big blanket to catch like the firemen use to use. Glad the gimble is not damaged.
That is why I have my RTH @ 200' just for that reason. Welcome to the forum.

Now that's a slick recovery technique! Do tree service guys really have slingshots for this type of thing?

I'm just glad you didnt cut the tree down. Sorry but nobody's $1,300 plastic toy is worth 80+ years of Mother Nature's hard work. There was a douche in here a few months ago bragging about how he snuck onto somebody's private property at 2am with his chainsaw to knock down a 60 ft. tree that his Phantom was snagged at the top of. Even a few people in here congratulating him on a job well done getting his bird back while committing criminal trespassing and destruction of property.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic