DJI V2+ owner in Sydney NSW

Reaction score
hey guys
newb to the quad copter and to the forum
i am a photographer of 4 years and have moved over to aerial!

saying hello!

i have a few questions but will have a look on the site first!

mainly regarding modifying the range on both the control and the video!

thank you!

Welcome! Have fun and fly safe.

Hi Shane - I'm in Westmead with a Phantom 2 + GoPro and have nearly completed CASA's UOC. This hobby has great commercial potential..... :)

Cheers......Doug

dlps73 said:
Hi Shane - I'm in Westmead with a Phantom 2 + GoPro and have nearly completed CASA's UOC. This hobby has great commercial potential..... :)

Cheers......Doug
hi Doug what has it cost you to get the UOC ?

Hi,
I am from Blacktown. Where do you fly? I haven't bought the phantom yet I am still in a process of choosing between Phantom 2 or Phantom 2 vision plus ..
I would love to come and see you flying, its thats ok with you.

A pre-requisite of the UOC is a Controller's Certificate which, if you have the necessary qualifications, cost $160 although I had to pay $300 for the Manufacturer's Training Programme. The UOC for the Phantom was $3200 plus I also paid $1650 for the Operations Manual Template you also have to have Liability Insurance which is about $2000 per annum.
We're very lucky in Australia as CASA is very proactive with respect to UAV's which sadly isn't the case in a few other countries.
Unfortunately all my flying is done at Wedderburn Airfield which has no public access.

Cheers..........Doug

shane_hood said:
hey guys
newb to the quad copter and to the forum
i am a photographer of 4 years and have moved over to aerial!

saying hello!

i have a few questions but will have a look on the site first!

mainly regarding modifying the range on both the control and the video!

thank you!

Hi Shane,

Welcome to the community! I highly recommend FPVLR.com for range boosting. I have the P2V+ and have upgraded all of my antennas with their gear, as well as added amps for both the wifi FPV and the 5.8 TX. Well built, great support. Enjoy!

Hey Shane

Welcome mate. Im also in SYdney. Have you looked up the DJI Sydney flyers facebook page ?. Its a really good place to make other friends in sydney who fly phantoms.

Phantom Pilots is also really good, so many people with so much knowledge. You cant go wrong if your looking to find out anything.

shane_hood said:
would lvoe to see some photos mate!

This is just my controller. Displayed are the replacement antennas and the amps (silver and black boxes). the battery is the blue guy. I will post a picture of my modified bird side antennas tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1728.jpg
    IMG_1728.jpg
    711.2 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 308
wowww weee that is full on
got soemw eight htere haha
what does it allow now?

i see you only have one video antenna
why not 2?

what kind of boosters are they?

what wattage?

shane_hood said:
wowww weee that is full on
got soemw eight htere haha
what does it allow now?

i see you only have one video antenna
why not 2?

what kind of boosters are they?

what wattage?

Here is all the info on the amps:
2.4 (wifi) http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=84
5.8 (tx) http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=109

Luckily, he just started carrying a dual lead battery, so I don't need to have two separate batteries for the amps.

I didn't add the additional wifi, since I haven't had any connectivity issues. I can't stand the thought of making my setup any more cumbersome. I've gotten out to 3600 feet in a dense city environment (over a park). I ran out of park land before I ran out of signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj