DJI Ultimate Flight V3 easy peasy lemon squeezie

Reaction score
I will just post this as a FWIW and general information so it has it's own thread.

I bought Litchi for Android several months ago and have wasted enough time to buy a P4 trying to get it to work. Believe me I am not cheap as I have tried it on an LG Stylo, a Galaxy Note 4 and two Galaxy Tab S LTE tablets. NoGo after hours of fiddleforking around with unknown sources, usb debugging, etc. etc.

I discovered Ultimate Flight during my frustrating attempts to get this working, and bought it. Installed it--- turned it on, went through a bit of setup after a cursory read of the manual and VIOLA. Worked the first time out of the box. SAME fripping Tablet as I had been trying for months. Un--Flipping--Believable. Now I have only flown a half dozen missions so far, but it has been flawless. This ordeal with Litchi had really soured me on non-DJI software, but UF undid that. The user manual is professionally written and about 90 or 100 pages. I haven't needed to contact the dev yet so I can not comment on that, but thus far I am more than pleased. I have not read any reports here of flyaways with UF either, as that was one thing which encouraged me to give up on Litchi.

That is just my experience, for what it is worth. I hope this does not hurt any of the Litchi aficionadoes feelings, I am just the reporter.

Reactions: Ed_2020
Litchi is a very popular and reliable package. Not sure why you had issues. Good you found one that works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Pharm
I will just post this as a FWIW and general information so it has it's own thread.

I bought Litchi for Android several months ago and have wasted enough time to buy a P4 trying to get it to work. Believe me I am not cheap as I have tried it on an LG Stylo, a Galaxy Note 4 and two Galaxy Tab S LTE tablets. NoGo after hours of fiddleforking around with unknown sources, usb debugging, etc. etc.

I discovered Ultimate Flight during my frustrating attempts to get this working, and bought it. Installed it--- turned it on, went through a bit of setup after a cursory read of the manual and VIOLA. Worked the first time out of the box. SAME fripping Tablet as I had been trying for months. Un--Flipping--Believable. Now I have only flown a half dozen missions so far, but it has been flawless. This ordeal with Litchi had really soured me on non-DJI software, but UF undid that. The user manual is professionally written and about 90 or 100 pages. I haven't needed to contact the dev yet so I can not comment on that, but thus far I am more than pleased. I have not read any reports here of flyaways with UF either, as that was one thing which encouraged me to give up on Litchi.

That is just my experience, for what it is worth. I hope this does not hurt any of the Litchi aficionadoes feelings, I am just the reporter.
I fly almost exclusively with Lichi and had no problems installing it, but I also use ultimate flight for on the spot way point mission design and the fake orbit functionality in way point missions.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does it have to have an internet connection or can it work offline?
Also ... which Phantoms does it work with?
It uses the internet and what must be Google Earth for mission planning, but does not appear to be dependent on a connection to execute the mission.

It is working well with my 3A and I see in the manual mentions of the P4 also.

Litchi is a very popular and reliable package. Not sure why you had issues. Good you found one that works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Exactly. That is precisely why Litchi was my first choice. And being a technical guy like you with an aerospace background, I was bound and determined to make it work. But I didn't write the code, so I gave up.

I fly almost exclusively with Lichi and had no problems installing it, but I also use ultimate flight for on the spot way point mission design and the fake orbit functionality in way point missions.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app
Oh me toooo. I had zero problems installing it. again and again and again and again. It just will not connect to my aircraft when as it turns out, there is NOTHING wrong with my hardware. If something can not work a simple assed usb port I am not trusting it with a flying gizmo worth hundreds of dollars. Makes sense, right.?

Oh me toooo. I had zero problems installing it. again and again and again and again. It just will not connect to my aircraft when as it turns out, there is NOTHING wrong with my hardware. If something can not work a simple assed usb port I am not trusting it with a flying gizmo worth hundreds of dollars. Makes sense, right.?
Have you tried to toggle USB debugging on/off? I never had problems with Litchi until I tried it with my old S3 phone, turning USB debugging off made it work without problems and now I use it always because it fits great in the remote with my 5" HDMI monitor. My USB debugging was on by default with the slimkat ROM.

Have you tried to toggle USB debugging on/off? I never had problems with Litchi until I tried it with my old S3 phone, turning USB debugging off made it work without problems and now I use it always because it fits great in the remote with my 5" HDMI monitor. My USB debugging was on by default with the slimkat ROM.
Yeah Thanks for the info, but unfortunately I tried every conceivable combination of USB debugging and several other related settings such as unknown sources, etc. Hmmm I wonder if it has anything to do with all my devices being rooted, although I am not using any non stock ROM. Given that I am familiar with Unix, Linux and Android, I could not believe I could not force it to connect. Not to sound whiny, but I spent a LOT of time over several months on multiple devices which included asking the developer for help. I was more than disappointed with the non - help provided. After all this effort it just miraculously one day actually connected for no reason, on my Galaxy Note and I had changed nothing. Mind you, I am not using a Yung Slonk talkalot or some unknown discount thing from Ebay. LG Stylo and Galaxy phones and tablets are pretty mainstream devices, and Litchi didn't decide to connect until after I had decided it just was not flight worthy for me. IE I have spent my adult life with airplanes, both business craft and ones with jet engines and guns and ordinance pylons. In that world, Litchi would never get a ride off the ground. Same here. Again thanks again for your help, Seems you can always count on Phantom Pilots to come through.

Yeah Thanks for the info, but unfortunately I tried every conceivable combination of USB debugging and several other related settings such as unknown sources, etc. Hmmm I wonder if it has anything to do with all my devices being rooted, although I am not using any non stock ROM. Given that I am familiar with Unix, Linux and Android, I could not believe I could not force it to connect. Not to sound whiny, but I spent a LOT of time over several months on multiple devices which included asking the developer for help. I was more than disappointed with the non - help provided. After all this effort it just miraculously one day actually connected for no reason, on my Galaxy Note and I had changed nothing. Mind you, I am not using a Yung Slonk talkalot or some unknown discount thing from Ebay. LG Stylo and Galaxy phones and tablets are pretty mainstream devices, and Litchi didn't decide to connect until after I had decided it just was not flight worthy for me. IE I have spent my adult life with airplanes, both business craft and ones with jet engines and guns and ordinance pylons. In that world, Litchi would never get a ride off the ground. Same here. Again thanks again for your help, Seems you can always count on Phantom Pilots to come through.
well, that's a shame, all my devices are rooted too and my only problem was that my modified hosts file was blocking Litchi login (usefull for mission sync). BTW that problem is now solved since they are now using their own data servers. Very strange case indeed, I have Litchi installed in 4 rooted devices from Android 4.4.4 to 5.0.2 and it works great in everyone. Anyway, Ultimate flight seems to do the same as litchi... but does it have an online mission hub to plan your missions in a PC? does it log your flight data? doest it sync between devices? It's an ugly app though.

well, that's a shame, all my devices are rooted too and my only problem was that my modified hosts file was blocking Litchi login (usefull for mission sync). BTW that problem is now solved since they are now using their own data servers. Very strange case indeed, I have Litchi installed in 4 rooted devices from Android 4.4.4 to 5.0.2 and it works great in everyone. Anyway, Ultimate flight seems to do the same as litchi... but does it have an online mission hub to plan your missions in a PC? does it log your flight data? doest it sync between devices? It's an ugly app though.
OK. From my limited experience with UF V3 it looks like it does not have the online mission hub. When I have planned missions I did it on my Galaxy Tab with that big sharp screen, but was either on home WiFi or T Mobile LTE.I believe it does log your flight data, but have not verified it. And lastly, I haven't tried syncing. I bet it does not. Thanks for the clue about the hosts file. When I was trying to use Litchi, my RC was connecting, as I could see the camera move, and Litchi would ask for my login and verify and accept it then begin to use my login name, but it kept giving me the unable to connect to servers and the bright red Disconnected box up top.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4