DJI TECH SUPPORT!!

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten an honest answer from DJI support bout these fly aways. as to even a clue why this is happening? I mean it is well documented and not an isolated case.

I sent them an email a few days ago and haven't even heard from them..not even an acknowledgment of receipt of my email.

Richard.

The problem is that the term 'flyaway' is used very broadly now, and it covers user-triggered flyways too. Without a clear and easy way to log the cause of flyways, I bet DJI won't admit to any specific bugs in their implementation that cause flyways.

Their bug(s) may cause, say, 20-25% legitimate flyaways, but they'll be exposing themselves to all flyaway claims or even fraudulent ones.

I received this email from DJI US Support earlier...

Hi James,

I will answer your questions in the order you asked them.

1) Is DJI currently developing OR considering developing a two axis gimbal for the P2V?
There are no current news regarding an improved gimbal for the P2v

2) When will the "Autonomous Flight" / Ground Station abilities be available for the P2B?
The IPad Ground station capability will be enabled via a firmware update in early February

3) Is there any way of increasing the WiFi range or WiFi power output to increase WiFi coverage?

There is not a way to increase the range of the range extender.

Technical Issue questions

1) Is DJI aware of the "Blurry/Soft" P2V camera problem that is affecting either the left or right side? Please DO NOT say use the lens profile, there's and actual PROBLEM with the camera.
If you have a Phantom with a bad camera then that would be a factory warranty issue.

If yes, have you resolved the issue? Have you released known good versions to your retailers?

2) Is DJI aware of the BAD soldering work on the P2V's? So many users are losing there units due to wires coming loose in mid-flight... Is ANYTHING being done to remedy this?
These issues are always taken seriously and DJI strives to deliver a quality product to our customers.

Best Regards,
U.S. Support

Best regards,

DJI US support
[email protected]

I sent 2 email questions Wed and Thursday of this week. They were both answered last night (Saturday). Not stellar response time, but I'm guessing they don't have a huge support staff and any time they respond back, especially on controversial issues like fly-always or the "Flip of death" or whatever it's called on their larger copter, gets blasted out in the forums and stirs up a hornets nest.

Like many consumer tech gadgets these quads probably have their share of bugs and problems due faulty code and manufacturing issues. But add to that a fairly high mortality rate due to operator error and I can sort of see its tough to run a business and keep customers with lost $1000+ aircraft happy.

Plus, they're walking the fine line of marketing it as:

"Hey, this is your Flying Camera, with minimalistic design and packaging like that iPod in your pocket"

vs the actual need to tell the customers of:

"BTW, this thing can cause personal injury and properties damage if used irresponsibly... there's also the risk of flyaways if you don't read every single word in your manual, check our website for all updates AND check the forums of anything else we've forgotten (or do not have the balls) to mention."

This is what I sent them last night to every email address on their support site us, japan, china etc.

Today I had a flyaway where I lost my bird in water and cannot recover it I lost 1200.00 dollars, what is being done to correct this obvious problem.
it has been very well documented in different forums and publications with regards to fly aways
Serial no. ph636057746

Regards,

with A find my Phantom satellite picture of where i lost connection and where it hit the water.( no response yet) Lets see what they are going to do about it!!

rfernandez said:
Has anyone gotten an honest answer from DJI support bout these fly aways. as to even a clue why this is happening? I mean it is well documented and not an isolated case.

I sent them an email a few days ago and haven't even heard from them..not even an acknowledgment of receipt of my email.

Richard.

Hi. I have wrote several times to DJI asking for solutions to the issues I am handling with my P 2 V. The serious one is about the camera which stopped working after I updated the camnera firmware to V1.1.9.

I received an email from them. Here is a copy:

Dear Rafael;

Here is the case;
1. FC200 was defected after upgrading to 1.1.9
2. FC200 flash red and upgrading always failed for many times.

For 1, user has to go to dealer/DJI for replacement camera.

For 2, format the SD card first via Vision App then do the upgrade again.

Before copying the “firmware.bin” to the SD CARD, use the vision camera to format the SD CARD.

rafin2000 said:
Hi. I have wrote several times to DJI asking for solutions to the issues I am handling with my P 2 V. The serious one is about the camera which stopped working after I updated the camnera firmware to V1.1.9.

I received an email from them. Here is a copy:

Dear Rafael;
Here is the case;
1. FC200 was defected after upgrading to 1.1.9
2. FC200 flash red and upgrading always failed for many times.

For 1, user has to go to dealer/DJI for replacement camera.
For 2, format the SD card first via Vision App then do the upgrade again.

Before copying the “firmware.bin” to the SD CARD, use the vision camera to format the SD CARD.
See my post here for why Instruction #2 (above) is so critical: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6761&start=60#p55305

iDrone :geek:

I sent those **** sippers 2 questions regarding odd behavior on dec 19 and haven't heard back yet

BTW it is not allegedly i actually did sent the emails.
I am getting one from amazon tomorrow .. i just want to know if their tech support will even answer me and acknowledge a problem.. i am not holding my breath..

What is bizarre about it..Even if I do get an offer to get it replaced i will not accepted.. i am not dishonest.. i just want a response from what is supposed to be good customer and tech support service.. after all we are their customers and as customer we should get the customer service we deserve..I mean these are not cheap toys that you can say ohh well it was cheap $100.00 unit and its a throw away if it fails..As i continue to read the articles of other people who have lost their birds to a real problem it angers me that the dealers to or no fault of their own just sit there and tell these people "ohh sorry for your loss" we cant do nothing for you, Maybe cause DJI or DJIHK won't support the dealers.

i am sure that most all the post in these forum and people that don't even know about this forum probably had to work very hard and save to be able to buy a P2 or P2V just to loose it to a bug and not get any support of some kind.

Sorry if I sound kind of harsh... but is the truth and I think you will agree with me..

rfernandez said:
What is bizarre about it..Even if I do get an offer to get it replaced i will not accepted.. i am not dishonest.. i just want a response from what is supposed to be good customer and tech support service.. after all we are their customers and as customer we should get the customer service we deserve..I mean these are not cheap toys that you can say ohh well it was cheap $100.00 unit and its a throw away if it fails..As i continue to read the articles of other people who have lost their birds to a real problem it angers me that the dealers to or no fault of their own just sit there and tell these people "ohh sorry for your loss" we cant do nothing for you, Maybe cause DJI or DJIHK won't support the dealers.

i am sure that most all the post in these forum and people that don't even know about this forum probably had to work very hard and save to be able to buy a P2 or P2V just to loose it to a bug and not get any support of some kind.

Sorry if I sound kind of harsh... but is the truth and I think you will agree with me..

I agree with you.
In all other aspects of modern commerce, companies live and die by their service.
In this case, early customers are being used partly as guinea pigs for developing technology.
We do this knowingly, but even so we should expect good customer service and communication.

CunningStuntFlyer said:
rfernandez said:

I don't agree with you and I continue to know that your posts are bizarre.

I find it very interesting that CunningStuntFlyer just joined this Forum Saturday. (the same day he/she posted)

I am also assuming that he also just got his new P2V and has not experienced what most all of us fear and some already experienced. like i did. That will soon change.. Or maybe daddy bought it for him..

rfernandez said:
I am also assuming that he also just got his new P2V and has not experienced what most all of us fear and some already experienced. like i did. That will soon change.. Or maybe daddy bought it for him..

I just ordered one of these http://www.pettracker.com because of your experience. I ordered it from Verizon, they just added it to my bill, so i don't even have to pay for it right now. Won't fly again till I have it

I just ordered one of these http://www.pettracker.com because of your experience. I ordered it from Verizon, they just added it to my bill, so i don't even have to pay for it right now. Won't fly again till I have it[/quote]

Neat! How much? Do you have to be a verizon customer? Monthly service charge?

jondrew said:
I just ordered one of these http://www.pettracker.com because of your experience. I ordered it from Verizon, they just added it to my bill, so i don't even have to pay for it right now. Won't fly again till I have it

Neat! How much? Do you have to be a verizon customer? Monthly service charge?[/quote]

You don't need to buy it from verizon, I just bought it from them because I am short on cash and needed it fast and they would add it to my bill. It does cost $7.95 a month after the first 3 months.

rfernandez said:

Richard.

Seven days ago I sent DJI Tech Support a long, detailed account of the mafunction which lead to the loss of my P2 in a lake. Finally, today I received an email stating, "Please fill out the attached questionaire and we will review your incident". The only problem with that - no questionaire attached! If and when I eventually do receive it, it will probably ask exactly what I detailed in my initial report.

Sigh....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic