DJI Support Completely Useless?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As some know already, my PV2+ broke just before landing on a small flight around 2 weeks ago. I wanted to let you all know how shockingly bad DJI support is, and maybe in the process it will help me calm down as I am very angry with this company right now.

For those that don't know, the drone made a popping sound from inside, around 3-5metres from landing. It semi crash landed and smoke was coming from the inside. Long story short, not my fault, 100% fault with the product, and its completely ruined with fire damage. I have a human witness to the whole event, but no video footage (was close to landing so turned it all off).

I drove to the dealer here in the UAE, 2 hours away from my home. They said they could not replace it, or send it away to DJI without DJI's say so first. So I had to contact DJI. So i did.

I assume my email ([email protected] as directed by the dealer) went to Honk Kong, as in the replies to my mails there is chinese writing in the titles.

The representative on the other end was extremely unhelpful. They refused to replace the drone, even though it was not my fault. They demanded video footage, which, of course, I do not have, and said without it they cannot prove it wasn't pilot error, whilst at the same time suggesting it could be magnetic interference (I dont think it was at all). They didn't seem to care (at all) that what happened was extremely dangerous to me, my friend and any objects/land around us.

They even went one further and tried to sell me another one!!! - Trying to entice me to do so by offering me 25% off a new drone - still a ridiculous amount of money, and money that I should not have to spend at all anyway.

I asked for his managers phone number and now surprise surprise the email thread has gone dead for the last 4 days.

I am gutted that it is broken, annoyed that the support is like this, and frustrated that its my 30th birthday in 3 weeks and we are going to Oman, and I wont be able to film any of it from the sky - which would be utterly breathtaking in the Omani mountains.

Has anyone else experienced the delights of DJI support?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

PS (UK expat living in Dubai)

They sell tons of these and make tons of money. They could care less about any problems you have with their product. Welcome to the club.

That's so different from my experience.
Any issues I've had so far, it's all been answered in less than 24 hours.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience :(

Onezerosix141 said:
That's so different from my experience.
Any issues I've had so far, it's all been answered in less than 24 hours.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience :(

Same here even though they are super slow in actually repairing the device.

A few months ago I did contact the EU customer support and it took 10 days to get a useless reply.

I did email them again a couple of weeks ago and got same day reply plus I had an ongoing email conversation with very rapid replies.

Yes there is Chinese writing above the email, I do feel a lot happier with the EU office now.

I emailed them with a software (Phantom Assistant) problem I have. They acknowledged receipt of my email 10 days later. It's been 6 weeks now and no further contact from them. Pretty bad service, in my book. Fortunately, I've been flying my P2V+ for 5 months now without issues.

www.ushobby.com useless also

I bought my P2V+ back when it came out from http://www.ushobby.com. Anyways it was hovering when it suddenly became very loud, went down at an angle and crashed. I checked the DJI website, it says to contact my dealer first so I did. ushobby.com's website also states specifically for any warranty issues and repair, to send it to them because they are an authorized warranty center. I called them and told them it was crashed and badly damaged, they gave me an RMA number, told me to send it to them for warranty repair and/or replacement if it was too badly damaged. I spent the $30 to ship it to them, waited a few weeks, they finally got back to me stating they "don't warranty crashed products, and that there's nothing they can do". This is after I already spoke to them several times over the phone and they said they can and will do warranty repairs, and if they can not do the repair or replacement they will send it directly to DJI for assesment. Anyways they ended up sending it back to ME, and I paid another $30 to ship it to DJI directly and it's been sitting there for like 10 days. What a waste of my time and money. When I spoke to DJI, they said ushobby.com should have never sent it back to me but had it repaired by DJI. Anyways I will never recommend or order anything from USHOBBY.COM ever again. Just my 2 cents.

If you need support for your phantom P2V+, I would call their office in LA. I have called in several times. Had to wait in the queue, but then I was helped with a friendly knowledgeable person. I had crashed and broken my DJI (my fault) and they are repairing it at their facility. I received an RMA, and their turn around time is weeks, which is very slow, but they will support and repair their products. I will have to pay time and materials, but they indicated that it would be much less than just buying a new gimbal and camera (~$800). I do not know how they will deal with your issue, but I think you'll have more luck than calling into EU support. It's also possible that you were handled by a 3rd party, rather than DJI. Good luck.

I'm really sorry to hear your experience has not been good. I too have dealt with the LA office and have had very good support. I received very courteous service and it was repaired as promised, however it did take longer than expected. All in all a very positive experience.

I cheated and contacted the sales people. They contact support for me. It still was a long process but they finally replaced my unit with zero cost to me.

Paid shipping ( from Canada ) and back.

Great support once they do it but they have major issues getting back to you.

Hi Guys,

So do you think it is best for me to contact the EU office or LA office instead of DJI support in China/Hong Kong?

Seems a bit strange to do that as I am based in the middle east...

Paul

So an update,

I am still locked in an email battle with these idiots.

They are still trying to sell me a new one, and have gone up from 25% off to 30% off. They don't seem to understand that I have zero interest in wanting a new one.

I have bought international phone credit on Skype and am trying to ring them in China/Hong Kong. However, the line is extremely bad, and when you do get though, they speak very broken English - I tried to speak to the man I am emailing, the lady on the other end couldn't understand my email address though, and gave me hers instead.

When I wrote to her, the email bounced.

This is beyond a ball ache.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.