DJI "Special phantom promotion" not so special?

Reaction score
I'm a bit miffed :(

Promotion Plan: New Promotion MAP will be valid from 9th, Sep, 2013. For end customers who bought a Phantom before 9th, Sep, 2013, DJI will provide a credit of USD 150. This credit can only be used to buy a Phantom II or a Phantom Vision, once they are released. The plan is to release the exciting Phantom II and Phantom Vision products in Nov, 2013 just before the Christmas. The credit will expire on 31th, Dec, 2013 if not used. To get the USD 150 credit, the end customers must contact dealers to fill the Phantom credit form. And give it to the dealers they are buying the Phantom II or Phantom Vision from.

Now to read that I'd assume that DJI will credit the retailer 150USD so they can pass the discount onto the customer...

However: I've just purchased a Phantom 2 / Zenmuse package for £620 from BYOD (which was in fact the best standard retail price), I went to the DJI site entered the serial number for my old Phantom and got the discount code, I then provided the retailer with the discount code who then refunded me £60+vat so in theory I've just received a 100USD discount (approx. 116USD with VAT on)..

I queried this and I was told that "DJI have informed the retailers in the UK that the discount is £72 on the net price"

So I phoned FPV UK and I was quoted on the phone that they giving the FULL 150USD discount and couldn't see why they would do anything other than that? (result!)..

FPVUK: Phantom 2 Zenmuse Bundle £624 down-to £532.22

And then I was told they would need to confirm this, but they never got back to me..

http://www.dji.com/a-special-promotion-with-significant-discounts-on-the-phantom/

WTF is going on? Are DJI not honouring the discount they stated,? have they made it unclear to the retailers? or are some retailers cashing in?

For the time being I've got my money back, I don't know where the ****-up lies but its a bit of a disappointment.

P.S. To some this might seem petty but I bought my Phantom / Zenmuse / Upgrade board at the old prices so it was just a sniff under £1,000 and about 10 days later they knocked £100 off the Phantom and offered the zenmuse in a bundle with a free Naza V2.. so I was a little narked off :D hence why I want to make the most of this offer.

Attachments

• discount.JPG
    discount.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 624
This appears to make no sense if you look at the coupon details you have posted.

On face value the start date is the 11th December 2013 and they are running the promotion for THREE YEARS :lol: until 1st December 2016 !!!

I don't think so.

Its up to your dealer if he wants to take your coupon. If they decide to accept it, its up them to decide if they want to give it to you off the top at time of purchase or as a rebate. I think your dealer is trying to pocket a few extra bucks to make up for offering the lowest price around. If you don't like it, return it and buy it from someone who is giving you what you want. DJI can't make the dealers do something they don't want to do. Thats why they offer multiple dealers, for you to pick the best one for you.

Re: DJI "Special phantom promotion" not so special?

It's a total farce :( DJI are really taking the p*ss.. The discount was an apology for those of us who got shafted by missing the massive un-announced discounts and now they aren't honouring it properly :( ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers