DJI Spark in -10 degree weather. Felt like -29. 5000 ft distance from starting point

Reaction score
Happy to report that the DJI Spark does wonderful in low temps. It was -10 but felt much colder yesterday here in Minnesota and besides a few minutes less of flight time, it flew with no problems what so ever. I even set a new personal record for my furtherst distance from starting point. Over 5000 feet, but not quite a mile. It was a good day. Here's some video.

Reactions: Primpwatcher
Hey Bing. I’m also in MN (st cloud area). I went up on Christmas Eve at +10 degrees. I kept it close and only stayed up for 10 minuets. No problems at all with the drone. My issue was using my hands with gloves. You gave me a little more confidence flying cold.

Reactions: BingErr
Hey Bing. I’m also in MN (st cloud area). I went up on Christmas Eve at +10 degrees. I kept it close and only stayed up for 10 minuets. No problems at all with the drone. My issue was using my hands with gloves. You gave me a little more confidence flying cold.
You're right. I have many problems using gloves with the controls. It's a problem. I'm working on a muff that wraps around your hands but extends the phone/monitor out of the muff so you can see it. I'll post another vid if I can get it working.

Here's the screen shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171230-150140.png
    Screenshot_20171230-150140.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 340
Crazy, was not aware Spark can go that far. Also, nice vid :)

Reactions: BingErr

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl