dji showing wrong aircraft and no signal

Reaction score
as the weather looked nice I took my phantom 3 advanced out today. I turned it on, then turned the remote on - which gave a green light.... i.e. all looking good. But in my dji go app when you click on camera, it said "phantom 3 Professional". And when I clicked the camera it came up with a red no signal warning even though the light was green on the remote.

When I took the drone out on the weekend everything was fine i.e it showed "phantom 3 advanced" on the camera screen so I do not know what has gone wrong since a few days ago.

I tried turning the aircraft and remote back off and on again (several times) but every time the dji app thought I've got a professional and not an advanced. So in the end I "wrote off" the flight, packed it all up and came home again - as I did not want to fly with "no signal" in my app.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this niggle,

thanks.

No signal is simply no signal to the camera. Could be anything from a bad update on an old battery to one of the ribbon cables not pushed in all the way to begin with. If you switched to a new battery that hasn't been updated, this can happen also sometimes. Also a bad sd card that wouldn't load an update did this to me once. But if it flew fine the last time and you haven't updated or done anything then most likely one of the ribbon cables has pulled out some. I would pull the camera off and check them first.

The app has 'issues' when it doesn't hook up to the AC correctly. One of it's issues is to get confused about who it's talking to. Try Mocho's suggestion first, then make sure you turn the AC on first, then the RC, then tablet.

Sacrificing a chicken can help, but let us know if the above doesn't fix the problem.

just tried Mocho's suggestion.... still telling me it's a Phantom 3 Professional. Very frustrating now as the drone is unusable (apart from flying around with no FPV)

ok maybe Reel L was right.... just changed sd card and lo-and-behold it's now working correctly. Must have been a dodgy sd card.

Reactions: Reed L
That's weird. I interpreted Reel L's suggestion to mean he had noted a failure to connect during an update with a bad card. I assume that you are not updating anything and just swapped out cards.

I'm glad it worked. Just stick that in the box of 'might as well try this' tricks.

What kind of device are you using? I had an issue with my android tablet (specifically the Galaxy tab s2) where it wouldn't switch into the correct mode and DJI GO would show that I was trying to use an Inspire (which would be nice to own, but I only have a P3A). The fix for me was to manually switch to the correct mode (RNDIS) in the developer options after the USB cable is plugged in from the remote to the tablet.

My Go often starts up with the wrong aircraft. I just swipe to the Phantom and click the down arrow to select the correct one. Press camera and I'm good. If the tablet doesn't connect then i unplug it and try again. If that fails then o start over and shut the AC down then remote, etc. One of those never fails to get it going. I'm using the Nvidia Shield K1 for a monitor.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav