DJI should warranty "smart" battery for one year

Reaction score
Come on, DJI, step up and do the right thing. Considering the issues many users are having (and the potential devastating consequences), minimum warranty standard should be for one year worldwide. Better yet, warranty them for 300 charges (as advertised). We certainly paid enough for them.

This whole fiasco reeks of a class action lawsuit.

beeline said:
Come on, DJI, step up and do the right thing. Considering the issues many users are having (and the potential devastating consequences), minimum warranty standard should be for one year worldwide. Better yet, warranty them for 300 charges (as advertised). We certainly paid enough for them.

This whole fiasco reeks of a class action lawsuit.

I am not sure what the problem is. Can you inform me? What are the problems with the battery and what is the current warranty. I thought we did get a 1 year warranty against defects in workmanship on the entire Phantom package.

For the Vision +

Frame (No Warranty)
MC 12 MONTHS
Battery 3 MONTHS
Transmitter 12 MONTHS
Motor 3 MONTHS
ESC 12 MONTHS
Propeller (No Warranty)
Camera unit 6 MONTHS

harbourside said:
For the Vision +

Frame (No Warranty)
MC 12 MONTHS
Battery 3 MONTHS
Transmitter 12 MONTHS
Motor 3 MONTHS
ESC 12 MONTHS
Propeller (No Warranty)
Camera unit 6 MONTHS
My dealer is replacing my battery and it's been almost 5 months.

I am no attorney but I think there are different warranties that we get when we buy something. First we get a warranty that the thing we are buying will do the job that it is supposed to do. so like if Phantom Frame arrived damaged it would be replaced under that warranty. Now apparently it looks like they are saying that some parts will last for sometime probably with a qualification like "Normal Usage". So they warrant the MC for 12 months but I bet if you sent in a damaged MC they would say that is not covered under the warranty.

This thread was started about the batteries. I wonder how they would handle a battery that had been charged 300 times within a 3 month period. Like I said above, I am not a lawyer and I am probably wrong about everything I said.

I'm returning one of my batteries I bought in July. Thankfully its in the 3 month window.

The battery reads 100% when charged, but the voltage is low when actually flying. Almost lost the drone in a river valley.

I had two batteries that I purchased in late February back in July. One had about 31 discharges and the other 41. They would read 93% or 57%, but the voltage levels would go below 10.6v causing it to autoland. I like flying over water, but lucky for me I was flying in my back yard when the issues showed up. DJI replaced both of them after 6 months. The process took about 5 weeks.

I took a video and sent it to DJI for the RMA claim.

Here is an excerpt from my original post.
Mine will go into autoland just as it reaches 92% or about 1 to 2 minutes of hovering. I have a video that shows the battery level indicator go from full charge to zero from the DJI osd mini.
http://youtu.be/K8YaDtoFVi4

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8YaDtoFVi4[/youtube]

Zinnware said:
I had two batteries that I purchased in late February back in July. One had about 31 discharges and the other 41. They would read 93% or 57%, but the voltage levels would go below 10.6v causing it to autoland. I like flying over water, but lucky for me I was flying in my back yard when the issues showed up. DJI replaced both of them after 6 months. The process took about 5 weeks.

I took a video and sent it to DJI for the RMA claim.

Here is an excerpt from my original post.
Mine will go into autoland just as it reaches 92% or about 1 to 2 minutes of hovering. I have a video that shows the battery level indicator go from full charge to zero from the DJI osd mini.
http://youtu.be/K8YaDtoFVi4

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8YaDtoFVi4[/youtube]

Thank you for sharing. Great documentation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.