DJI Service

Reaction score
Hi,
So last Thursday my P3S Lost GPS signal and just crashed into the ground, ( won't go into detail )
Smashing and breaking off the gimbal and camera,
I uploaded my flight data and DAT files directly for DJI to view,
I got my RMA ticket sorted and DJI Netherlands service centre received my phantom on the 28th June,
I have not heard anything as of yet,
My question is, any idea if DJI would repair this free of charge or would they charge me to repair it and how much could I roughly expect to pay,
Does anybody here have any similar experience with the DJI European service centre ?,
Or am I going to be looking at a hefty service repair bill ?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi,
So last Thursday my P3S Lost GPS signal and just crashed into the ground, ( won't go into detail )
Smashing and breaking off the gimbal and camera,
I uploaded my flight data and DAT files directly for DJI to view,
I got my RMA ticket sorted and DJI Netherlands service centre received my phantom on the 28th June,
I have not heard anything as of yet,
My question is, any idea if DJI would repair this free of charge or would they charge me to repair it and how much could I roughly expect to pay,
Does anybody here have any similar experience with the DJI European service centre ?,
Or am I going to be looking at a hefty service repair bill ?
Thanks.

Probably cheaper and safer to replace it, than repair it. Why should DJI repair it free of charge? Loss of GPS is under pilot control. Don't fly there! :eek:

I wasn't sure if it would be a warranty issue or not,
Either way I don't mind as I just want to get flying again,
Must of been an issue with the drone itself though,
Can't just be hovering there then suddenly loose GPS and instantly crash into the floor,
Can't see that being pilots fault when I never gave the aircraft any command from the control

Floor or ground?
$286.00 in USA to repair gimbal, camera and ETC. Price of P3S has dropped $150.00 plus sense I sent it in. It dropped 225' when the unit was doing a self landing on a low battery from a RTH.
Control board was damaged, I guess from the fast fall.

What I was charged for.
gimbal base plate cracked

I have seen them repair stuff for free, when the pilot had hit a tree.

I wasn't sure if it would be a warranty issue or not,
Either way I don't mind as I just want to get flying again,
Must of been an issue with the drone itself though,
Can't just be hovering there then suddenly loose GPS and instantly crash into the floor,
Can't see that being pilots fault when I never gave the aircraft any command from the control

Let us know how it turns out. We can all learn something from each of these incidents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.