DJI Service

Reaction score
I had an IMU calibration error in mid-flight. I immediately hit RTH and my drone had a RTHF an landed somewhere in a 2x2 mile square cornfield. Flight logs recorded no GPS track so the craft was not recovered. I purchased DJI care refresh and I am still getting the a run around by DJI service. I just want a replacement craft and I am willing to pay even at discounted price. Has anyone experienced this slow and unresponsive service? Thank you

Typical of DJI. They normally try anything to stalk hoping you will just go away! They finally gave me a new P4 to shut me up. They never explained why the drone flipped over and flew into the ground upside down! Then it took 5 more weeks to get them to send me the retaining springs holding the props on. I don't trust them at all!
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: NelliBelli
How can we even hope that the DJI model we buy is not faulty to begin with. Multiple people have problems many don't get their unit back and DJI suffers very little recourse, and no liability.

I love my phantom 3 standard and enjoy a lot flying this machine but I honestly will never buy anything new from DJI. You purchased the refresh service which will give you a new drone without asking questions, that's why you paid for it. However they are so shady that they will avoid you and give a hard time before they replace it.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for 4 weeks to receive a warranty replacement Phantom 4. Get the "currently out of stock" reply from the DJI store support personnel every time I email asking for an update. Hopefully I'll get it someday soon.

Of course! But, if you were buying a new one, there would be plenty "in stock". I'll never trust DJI again after going through the entire month of February with their lies and multiple strangely different stories. Good luck.......
Jim
WA5TEF

Does anyone know if there's truth to the rumor that DJI ceased manufacturing of the Phantom 4 in January 2017?

I had an IMU calibration error in mid-flight. I immediately hit RTH and my drone had a RTHF an landed somewhere in a 2x2 mile square cornfield. Flight logs recorded no GPS track so the craft was not recovered. I purchased DJI care refresh and I am still getting the a run around by DJI service. I just want a replacement craft and I am willing to pay even at discounted price. Has anyone experienced this slow and unresponsive service? Thank you
Last I looked at the refresh terms one of the conditions was that you would need to provide the damaged AC to DJI for repair/replacement. If you are unable to recover the lost AC you might find they aren't prepared to do anything. Step 1 would be to review the terms of the refresh policy. You might like to upload the flight log from your device to phantomhelp and/or healthydrones and paste a link here. If the log reveals a DJI hardware/software issue you might be able to put some pressure on them.

Stupid question...I synced my flight log to DJI but how do I post my flight log to the forum? I would love to find the darn thing. It isn't that far from me but without a gps track it is literally like trying to find a drone in a cornfield without a map:)

You are right. It says that but they are replacing mine without recovery. I just entered my order

You are right. It says that but they are replacing mine without recovery. I just entered my order

Hopefully you'll receive your replacement sooner than me. It's now been 37 days and I'm still waiting for it to ship from the warehouse. Customer support promises to escalate my order to the dedicated team that handles overdue orders, but nothing has changed so I'm still waiting.

It was not a planned flight[emoji846] it just happenened
I'm not sure what you mean about planning.
You don't need to plan anything with marco polo. If it's installed on the craft, you simply turn it on before you launch. No planning required, but you do need to remember to turn it on. Flying in remote areas is risky since often there is no cell service. That's where marco polo excels, since it doesn't need cellular coverage to track the beacon on the craft. It's not as easy to find the craft with Marco Polo as it is with cellular/GPS solutions, like Trackimo, but since I don't have to use it very often (so far never), I like the trade-off of it working anywhere, and that it can work for a week on one charge, not to mention no monthly fee.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj