DJI Scammer

Reaction score
On the 31st of May I purchased a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced for £520 expecting to receive it before a relatives birthdays which is tomorrow. I have battled with this "Company" for the past week and a half asking where my drone was the problem was all there phones and contact details did not exists. After a lot more searching I found the websites only working customer support and the person that answered the phone could hardly speak english and said they may dispatch in the next 2 weeks when there websites states 5-7 dispatch days. The fact they cant get the drone of the shelfs and put it in a box and send it to me in 12 days is terrible. I understand companies have issues with supplies but they could have told me sooner and given me a refund to go elsewhere.

I am not getting my money back from them.

After reading reviews online I have gathered this website sell many units of the product but only dispatch one or two for every 50 customers to get some positive ratings but most are stuck in the same situation.I am absolutely disgusted that such a company would pull such a scam.

The company claim to be based in the US but in there small print it states they are based in Hong Kong.

This is just a heads up for people. I was really looking forward to this weekend to being a weekend that wont be forgotten with the family instead it will take weeks even months while I sort my visa out and get a new one if I can find a drone around the same price which is legit.

The websites links:

www.valuebasket.com
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced - RC Drone - Gadgets & Toys - More Categories | ValueBasket GB
I have gathered that Valuebasket and Simply Electronics are running the same scam not sure if they are the same company.
Toys And Gadgets Games - DJI Phantom 3 Advanced

Why not just buy from DJI directly or an authorized DJI dealer in the UK? It's not going to be the cheapest route, but the cheapest is not always the best (as you unfortunately found).

Reactions: Reed L
Why not just buy from DJI directly or an authorized DJI dealer in the UK? It's not going to be the cheapest route, but the cheapest is not always the best (as you unfortunately found).
As I had seen both the sites selling them around £500 so I assumed they decreased in value after the P4. I was very wrong and I always take the cheapest route but in the future I will take a different path.

Learnt my lesson.

With a website name like that - I wouldn't buy from them based on that alone!!

Did you buy with a credit card? Here in Merica - you can buy an item with a credit card and dispute the charge. A few times I've have to dispute charges and the money is instantly credited back and issue is swept under the rug. May be an option for you if you can't get a refund.

With a website name like that - I wouldn't buy from them based on that alone!!

Did you buy with a credit card? Here in Merica - you can buy an item with a credit card and dispute the charge. A few times I've have to dispute charges and the money is instantly credited back and issue is swept under the rug. May be an option for you if you can't get a refund.
I used my visa. I am currently in the process but I was told it may take a couple weeks.

Looks like a scammer for sure. I just checked and they show P3A in stock.

They show paypal as an option. Doesn't mean it works. But for an unknown company that is what I use.

Edit: just did a google search for www.valuebasket.com. Results were not good.

I just searched reviews for value basket, oh crap! They don't like shipping product to anyone, lol
Sorry this happened to ya Brotha!

Sorry to hear your problems with the other site but I'd just get it from DJI. Free delivery plus you'll get credit with the purchase.

I ordered mine on a Friday and received it on the following Tuesday and I'm in the UK.

Alan

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Who is the cheapest legit dealer for a DJI phantom 3 advanced in the UK ?

Do NOT go for the cheapest!
I always used to. A mate persuaded me to pay a bit extra and buy from Maplin. Best thing I ever did.
I bought a P2 Vision+ from them. Was such a flawed design. They swapped out 2 for me. Then when I had more problems they refunded me in full so I could buy a P3P. The P3P has been awesome until the USB port on the controller packed up. Maplin swapped it out straight away for me!

Do NOT go for the cheapest!
I always used to. A mate persuaded me to pay a bit extra and buy from Maplin. Best thing I ever did.
I bought a P2 Vision+ from them. Was such a flawed design. They swapped out 2 for me. Then when I had more problems they refunded me in full so I could buy a P3P. The P3P has been awesome until the USB port on the controller packed up. Maplin swapped it out straight away for me!

Wow u have no luck is your middle name jonah

Still u got new and u have only bought one drone after a while I guess

Today found a P3P on gumtree for £600. Drove 2 hours into London and he showed me a demo and the drone didn't work . This is the most painful search.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers