DJI Response to PLUS upgrade kit

Reaction score
On April the 7th I sent [email protected] this email
"Will I be able to purchase upgrade components to convert my vision 2 to vision 2 plus?"
I also sent my dealer the same email (Atlanta Hobby)

DJI responded today with this:

Dear Paul,

DJI don't sell parts directly to end users. Please contact your local dealer for purchase.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
DJI Innovations
http://www.dji.com

Atlanta Hobby has yet to respond

I heard back from DJI support today.

"it is not availbale for the upgrade right now and we do not have this plan, either"

I'm guessing that's a no then :)

so. moving on.

Bmews

BMEWS said:

"it is not availbale for the upgrade right now and we do not have this plan, either"

Well DJI said that about the 3rd axis for the Zenmuse too for the Phantom 2, and that never came out either... oh wait.... :ugeek:

pmcclain said:
DJI don't sell parts directly to end users. Please contact your local dealer for purchase.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
DJI Innovations
http://www.dji.com

Atlanta Hobby has yet to respond

I believe this is going to change also, there's talk of DJI opening an online "parts only" store with a complete line sheet on all parts. Purchases of complete Phantoms will still be through dealer network.

"Firmware could be upgrade online, just connect Phantom 2 Vision to the PC. Download the software from DJI main page."

2014-04-07 12:04 GMT+08:00 Louis Bruckner <kg4mxv>:
I want to know if there is an upgrade path for Kit for owners of the phantom 2 vision?
I bought mine A little less than two months ago.
And be totally honest less than satisfied with the video Quality.

Hopefully my order with rotor pixel Will be filled by the time you reply to this message.(I don't expect a reply for the next two months)

--
Best Regards,

DJI Onlinesales Team

This is the ever so typical of "One hand does not know what the other one is doing crap"
Edit: besides why would they sell parts now when they have a new item to put out in the market. they have to make that R&D money back.

It's crazy to pass up the repair parts business. As a RC helicopter hobbyist, I spent a fortune on parts.

Thank you for your email.

We do not know if the Phantom 2 Vision + camera will be available as a separate purchase or if it is compatible with your Phantom 2 Vision.

We cannot help you set up your Phantom 2 Vision with 3rd party equipment. Please seek information on Youtube or the gimbal manufacture's website.

Just got a reply from my dealer (Atlanta Hobby)...... It sounds promising!!!

Watch our website and sign up for our newsletter DJI will release the upgrade very soon'
Thanks

Cliff Whitney
6110 Parkway North Dr
Cumming Ga 30040
678-513-4450

I was told today they don't see why not bit the antennas for the wifi have been moved so it would take some modifying for sure

Just bought my vision 2 3 weeks ago...hope this is all true. The DJI company sounds like they don't care about after purchase support.

I would hope there is an upgrade coming. One which will upgrade the wifi and the camera/gimbal.

Many have only owned their PV2 for less than 3 months so I am sure they will have an upgrade kit coming out soon.

Back in February, I asked DJI if they were developing a gimbal for the vision. They said they were not planning on making one. Now I see why. They were going to reinvent a camera and gimbal.

So now all those who paid 1200+ for the vision a few months ago can't sell ours for even half. The vision we thought we were buying(wifi which would reach as long as the transmitter, and a half descent camera) is probably this P2V+.

I think it would be in there best interest to offer an upgrade for less than $500 which would upgrade the P2V(especially after all the testing and bug problems we put up with)

For the price difference between PV AND PV+ I'm sure something is in the pipeline. Location of antenna on PV side not a big deal!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4